chapter 10

Well, yeah. I mean she doesn't know I like her that way. I feel like it's time to tell her though."

"What will you say to her? I can go check on dad if you like so you can call her or something"

"Oh really, that would be great" he smiled.

"Yeah sure" I say getting up and slamming the door closed. I go inside and rush over to my dad whose drinking beer while looking at his phone.

I sit on the chair in front of him.

"He likes someone" I cry.

"What?" he says looking up with beer still in his mouth.

"What are you talking about?" he says as he swallows the beer.

"He told me that he likes someone dad, he hates me. I'm officially friend-zoned."

"Well fuck" he laughs.

"This is not something to laugh at dad, this is serious"

"Oh for god's sake child stop crying, I didn't raise you like this. How do you know he doesn't like you?"

"W-well, he would have told me right?"

"He did, well at least he's trying."

"Do you think so?"

"UGGH" he groans.

"Take this food, go in there and for once do something to make me proud of"

"If you're right I will do chores for a whole year"

"I won't let you do that because I know I'm right. I see the way he looks at you. I'm a guy remember"

"Oh, what will I do without you papa" I say as I go over to him and squeeze him into a hug.

"Nothing, not even get a kiss a guy I see. Now go while I enjoy 3 more beers and sleep in peace. Condoms are in the-"

"LALALALALALA" I say and walk out with the food.

I kick on the door and he rushes to come open it.

"Let me help you" he put his hands out.

"No I got it, move it's hot!" I rush in and walk over to the table.

"Ohhh, just like you my love" he says closing the door and walking over to me.

I roll my eyes.

"Did you text her?" I ask looking him straight in the eye.

"No, I'm not ready. I also don't know what to say."

"You must really like her then" I say having a bite of the nugget.

He gasps. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"You always know what to say" I laugh.

"Well, this is a serious kind of situation okay. I get nervous."

"Oh come on. What's the worst that could happen?" I shrug.

"A lot of bad things can happen by me just saying, hey I like you. Plus I think I want to make it special you know"

"That's forcing her to say yes" I laugh.

"Right coz a girl would say yes just because of the presents, how stupid of me" he slaps himself in the head.

"Yeah, she will be like awh he bought me a rose I should say yes and then when I feel like it I will just dump his ass...... Dam what if she kicks you in the balls men?"