Chapter 2 Loser With A Capital 'L'

Crush On Mr. Bad Boy

Chapter 2 Loser With A Capital 'L'

   There he was, standing right in front of me in line. I felt like a little girl in elementary deciding whether or not to talk to her little crush. My heart was hammering against my rib cage frantically. As corny as it sounded, I felt the whole zoo in my stomach.

I knew I was a love sick puppy, but I just couldn't help it. During the summer, I found his social media profiles and managed to find some new photos of him. I was just randomly surfing the internet to kill time, and somehow I ended up on his profile... It was either fate, or my stalker senses deep down inside.

I tapped my foot impatiently, trying to decide whether to tap his shoulder or not. It was now or never. 

Time's running up Rosie, time's running up. 

I took in a deep breath before lifting my index finger up slowly. Right before I could tap his shoulder, a voice interrupted me.

"Well, well, well, look who it is. Little Miss Rosaline Loser Winnefred." She laughed, making an 'L' with her fingers on her forehead. Her voice sent negative chills down my spine. Of course she'd have to ruin one of the moments I feel more confident than usual.

I shifted uncomfortably as the whole cafeteria fell silent. All eyes were on me. I felt exposed. I glanced at where Axel was standing, and luckily, he wasn't paying any attention at all. I tried to play it cool like him and ignore her too.

"Bitch, don't pretend you don't hear me." She growled, threatening me.

I knew I was stupid not to obey her, but you know what they say, 'Love is blind' so therefore, I paid no attention to her. I hoped he had noticed my courage to stand up for myself. 

I stood there, staring at his masculine back and the back of his head. I stared at how perfectly his hair stood on his head, almost like a crown. I bit my lip nervously, wondering why Layla hadn't tried anything yet.

"Did you hear what I just said?!" Her tone was even more threatening now. 

I was pissing her off with every second I was ignoring her. My heart was in a frenzy. I didn't know whether it was because the head cheerleader yelling at me, or because the hottest male specimen ever was standing right in front of me.

I took long steady breathes to calm myself. Suddenly, I felt ice cold liquid being dumped on my back. The whole cafeteria erupted into laughter. I squeezed my eyes shut as Layla poured a whole bowl of soup on my head.

I opened my eyes slowly, feeling more embarrassed than ever before. Everyone was laughing at the display of the nerd getting soup dumped over her head. And unfortunately, the nerd was me. I didn't even bother to look up, because I knew I would be facing the embarrassing crowd.

I glanced at Layla, to find her already smirking evilly at me. She stood there proudly with her 'cheerleader friends' standing right behind her. I turned around to see if Axel was still there, but he was gone. It was like he vanished in thin air.

I felt relieved that he was gone. Looking on the bright side, at least he wasn't there to see me get humiliated. I don't know what came over me, but hot tears started sliding down my soup-covered cheeks. I didn't bother to wipe them away, because they wouldn't be able to see them anyway.

The tears blurred up my vision, and before I knew it, my feet carried me to the girl's bathroom as fast as they could. I ran straight to the girl's bathroom and locked myself in one of the stalls. Not bothering to wipe the seat, I sat down and let the rest of my tears run freely down my face.