00 ┊ prologue

PROLOGUE
HOW IT ALL STARTED。

+ karma is slightly ooc (out of character) in this chapter.

"I like you, (Name). Go out with me." Karma spoke as a serious look on his face can be seen.

What? The sadistic yet intelligent but handsome redhead likes me?

The Karma Akabane likes me?

I just stood there processing what he said not even knowing I was staring at him with wide eyes.

Until he spoke up again and.. did something to lose one of my firsts.

"I like you, (Full Name). Be my girlfriend." He said clearer, followed by something that I never expected him to do.

He grabbed my wrist with his hand and used his other hand to hold my waist to keep me close as he kissed me chastely and with passion.

After what seemed like forever, we parted our lips and he hugged me tight.

I'm pretty sure I'm as red as his hair right now.

"...Please?" He begged.

Did he just...

Wow... that's a first.

"I-I..." I muttered, trying to speak.

Ugh! I can't even speak because of how flustered I am.

He looked at me with expectancy, waiting for my answer.

I can't help but smile at how cute he is right now.

Obviously, I'd accept. He has been my crush ever since I transferred here.

So without doubt, I answered him. "Yes, please take care of me."

He hugged me even tighter and whispered into my ear, "Thank you. I will never let you go."

Time flew by fast and it had been a few months since I started dating Karma.

"Wanna come over my house today?" Karma asked, ruffling my hair as he sat in front of me.

This was usual. Me going to his house has been practically my daily routine; like it was my own home.

My parents, of course, did not mind as always because they are never at home because of the fact that my dad is a businessman and my mom is a nurse. They don't even know about our relationship.

I looked up from my textbook and smiled at him. "Sure, is Nagisa coming?"

"Hmm... Nope~ now let's go to my house." Karma grabbed all my things and put them on his shoulders and then proceeded to grab my wrist to lead me outside.

As usual, we got inside the train station to go to our destination, his house.

We passed through a dark alley (because I told him it was an easier route) and continued talking about how our day was, mixed with some flirting.

So why now, out of all days, different?

"Aww.. what are these two lovebirds doing here?" An ugly looking guy smirked, with his finger in his nose. He also has three people right beside him.

Karma went infront of me and grinned darkly. "Finally, it's been weeks since I can do something fun without witnesses~"

I tugged his blazer and spoke, "Karma, don't..."