39 ❀ The King

Ezra POV

Ezra POV

     He stops the bike, kicking out the kickstand with his black booted foot. He rips the key out of the ignition, ending the overly loud noise, leaving a gaping hole of silence.

     The power that fills the wind around us is suffocating, and it becomes a chore to even breathe. I'm going to have to get use to it if he's staying here, I know that.

    The three werewolves around us all look like they're in pain, Stacey even winces and rubs at her head a little bit, and Reid hugs her tighter.

     He slides off his helmet, shaking out his thick black hair. Ruby colored eyes roam around our small group, narrowing on Stacey and Reid entangled with one another, then shifting back to me.

     When he gets off the bike, stands up and makes his way over to us, The Alpha and Beta of the Green Pack are literally shaking in their boots.

     As soon as they catch sight of his face, Alpha Green shudders.

     "Oh, dear Moon Goddess." Green whispers, but we all heard him, and I think we all agree.

     Bright red scars surround his left eye and trail down Veiler's cheekbone. They're intimidating to look at, and only add to his already terrifying demeanor.

     Lycans don't scar unless it's with silver before they shift for the first time, meaning someone attacked Alpha Veiler as a child with a silver weapon.

     The thoughts of hurting a pup in that way is horrifying.

     The King himself stops in front of me, the leather jacket he wears is a bit noisy as it strains against his shoulders and chest.

     He is taller than each of us, other than Hyrum that is. They're about the same height.

     "Blackmore," He says gruffly, and I shake his outstretched hand.

     "So you do remember me?" I ask lightly. He nods, looking me up and down with his calculating red eyes that are constantly glowing like an LED light.

     "I let Onyx know if you ever considered retiring from the Guard you'd be welcome to join my ranks." His voice is deep, one of the deepest voices I've heard, with the slightest hint of an accent that I can never seem to place. "Though I doubt you ever will."

     "Why is that?" I ask.

     "I know your type, I've seen it all before. Too restless to quit the Guard and settle down." He replies, his dark words slow and measured. He's giving me a stare that makes me feel like he can see straight through me.

     "Well, maybe before, but not anymore. I found my mate, and I'd be willing to do anything she wants." I say reverently.

     Veiler's reaction is not one I'm expecting. The red ring around his pupil glows brighter, his glare deepening. I'm shocked when he growls, automatically backing away.