25

Sophie leans against the countertop, the bartender mixing her order and pouring it into two glasses. He swirls them around in his palm, condensation spreading over the surface as ice cubes clink against the sides, and he sends Sophie a grin.

"On the house," Blonde hair flops against his forehead, handing the drinks to Sophie as he sends her a polite nod, "enjoy your night."

Sophie thanks him, slightly surprised she hasn't had to spin a story and convince the bartender she wasn't underage, before heading to return to the slightly tipsy boy she'd left only a few moments ago to grab a drink for both her and Harry. With the delay of Skylar, Sophie had arrived a little after half an hour later than she was supposed to, and Harry had taken it upon himself to get himself a drink - or two.

Harry's nervous - it was clear to Sophie from the moment she stepped foot into the building. Though all day he's been nothing but excited - now the nerves and reality of the way in which Harry's work would be on display tonight have begun to set in - it was clear how nervous he was by the way at the time of her arrival he'd hastily embraced her, kissed her slightly shakily and how he couldn't help but mention that 'there's a free bar over there, isn't that fucking cool?'

And so Harry's had a few drinks - just to ease his mind a little.

"Hiiii, my loveeeeeerrr," Harry's voice is slow, a sweet smile on his lips as he leans in, pecking Sophie's lips twice for good measure, "'Missed you."

"I was only gone a minute," Sophie can't help but smile fondly. Harry has slowly grown more and more intoxicated, and though it's only happened a couple of times before - and only once since they've been anything but friends - Sophie has been there for each of them, and she knows the signs. When drunk, his words form even slower than normal, and his tongue darts out to wet his lips a little more often. His eyelids droop a little, and a lazy smile is on his lips - not only those very factors, but determined by the situation they're in right now - he tends to become a little more handsy. Though not always cheeky, his desire for cuddles simply becomes notably more intense.

"Mm," he hums, as Sophie reaches up to wipe some of her lipstick from his mouth, and he playfully bares his teeth at her, nipping lightly at her thumb. "Was just talking about you to this lot."

Sophie acknowledges the group for the first time; a girl and a guy, who she recognises instantly as Liam Payne. She's ran into him on campus a few times, and he's lovely from what she's seen so far.

"Liam," she smiles, before turning to the girl beside him, "I'm Sophie, by the way."

"I'm India," the girl smiles, deep red hair falling over her shoulders, "Liam's girlfriend."

"Oh!" Sophie nods her head, now noticing the proximity of the pair, "that's adorable, you two are perfect together." She's speaking genuinely - they just look like a couple. Harry nestles his head into Sophie's shoulder as she talks, and she can't help but smile at the feel of his curls against her skin. 

"As are you two," India grins, leaning a little more into Liam's side, "what are you studying?"

"Art - give or take," Sophie smiles, "and Harry would tell you the same if he was paying attention," she scolds playfully, nudging the boy's side. He's finding great fascination in the silkiness of her hair at this given moment, "Sorry about him, he's an awful drunk."

"Can hear you, baby." He presses a sloppy kiss to her shoulder.

"Oh, Ind's the same," Liam laughs at Harry's comment, as India rolls her eyes playfully, "can barely stand after a single shot."

"Moving on from me," India says pointedly, pushing Liam a pace away with a grin, "I don't blame Harry. If Layla was making eyes at me all night I'd have to be totally wasted too."