t. stark

not one member of the team approved of you and tony's relationship, always saying that you were too good for him  and that it was disrupting your work

you and the rest of the team were sat around the large oval table in the conference room, discussing the latest discoveries and happenings.
you were sat next to your boyfriend and teammate tony, his hand lay comfortingly on your thigh.
"y/n! are you listening?" cap said sternly, you weren't. to be perfectly honest you never really were, you usually just turned up on mission days, listened to protocol and carried out the operation smoothly. just one of your many endearing traits.
"honestly? no? look stevie I'm tired, I've not gotten any sleep this past week"  tony sniggered next to you, leaving you no choice but to hit him on the chest.

"okay everyone, meeting disbanded. enjoy your day" steve said and everyone gathered their things and left. you reached for tonys hand, laced your fingers and made your way towards the door.
"tony can I speak with you for a moment?" 

you swiftly left the room and made your way towards the kitchen, not wanting to intrude on their conversation.
"tony. look I really don't know how to say this but the team and I think it would be best if you and y/n kept your relationship... well professional?" steve pressed, this kind of thing made him extremely uncomfortable but he had drawn the short straw and had to be the one to discuss the matter.
"I'm sorry what? professional? y/n and I's relationship has nothing to do with work. we keep our work and love life separate. I'm not quite sure what you mean by that steve?" 

"... I mean. the team think it would be best if you two broke it off?"
tony adjusted his glasses, sighing he fell back into his chair. he couldn't believe that steve was saying this.
"with all due respect rogers. there is no way in hell I would ever break it off with the love of my life because you told me too. I'm sorry but that's just not happening!"