Will Relaxation Help If Your Belly Hurts?

Nagging pains in the lower abdomen take place fairly often due to spasms in the reproductive organs and intestines, which themselves are caused by hormonal fluctuations.
Breathing and muscle relaxation exercises help to relax your belly muscles, foster digestive functions and relieve discomfort. Another way to relieve the pain is with a few yoga asanas.
Here's a list of the most effective exercises.
Breathing technique
Lie on your back and place a book (or another light object) on your belly. Slowly take a deep breath through your nose until your belly and the book rise.
Hold the breath for a minute or less, tensing your belly muscles at the same time. Then breathe out slowly.
Repeat the exercise several times.
Muscle technique
Suck in your belly as much as you can, then completely relax your muscles. Pump up your belly and tense your muscles as though you're getting ready for a punch. Then, relax again.
Repeat several times.
Crocodile pose
Lie on your belly. Bend your arms at the elbows and lay them down in front of you. Lower your face, resting your forehead on your forearms.
Stretch your legs out and slightly separate them to either side.
Remain in this pose for several minutes. Breathe slowly and deeply, filling your belly with air.
Child's pose
Kneel down and sit on your heels. Lean forward and, after relaxing yourself, put your torso on your thighs. Put your hands on the floor, stretching them back along your body.
Remain in this position for several minutes.