- 3 -

CHAPTER 3

You walked into your first class late, you had a little trouble finding it. The entire class went silent as all eyes landed on you. The teacher, Mrs. Bustier, turned to you and gave you a smile as she walked towards you.

"Hello, you must be Y/n." She said, her voice sweet. You nodded, giving her a smile. She turned towards the class.

"Class, we have a new student." Mrs. Bustier said, announcing the class. Everyone immediately started murmuring and not-so-discreetly, pointed at you.

"Would you like to tell them something about you?" She asked, the room going entirely quiet. You nodded nervously and cleared your throat as Mrs. Bustier backed away a little.

"Hi, I'm Y/n, I just moved to Paris and um.." You looked at Mrs. Bustier for help.

"Any favorites or hobbies?" She asked you.

"I have a cat. His name's Milo, but he's still with my grandparents in my old town. I'm into drawing, and I sing a little." You smiled slightly. The class laughed a little.

"I like cats too." You heard a familiar voice say.

"I'm an all animals type of lover. Although Ladybugs are my favorite." Another said.

Of course they are, Alya!" You heard.

"Ok Y/n, you can sit next to Adrien. Adrien will you raise your hand please?" Mrs. Bustier asked. The same blonde boy from earlier rose his hand. You smiled and walked to the desk, sitting down next to him.

"Hey, I'm Adrien Agreste." He said, turning to you.

"Hi, Adrien. Nice to meet you." You responded, a smile on your face. Adrien gave you a small grin as he turned to the front of the class.

Mrs. Bustier started teaching finally and class seemed to go by slowly as you already wished the day was over with.

✰ ✰ ✰

You cheered in silence as the bell rang for dismissal. Kids in your class immediately stood up and walked out. You quietly packed up. You sighed in relief, you were ready to go home and take a nice and long nap.

You trudged towards the door and walked out of the class and towards the door of the school.

"Y/n!" You heard an voice. You turned around to a girl, around the same height as you. She had medium-length darkish blue hair in pigtails. She wore a dark gray blazer with rolled-up sleeves. Also, a white t-shirt with black stitching and a flower design below the collar. She wore pink rolled up jeans and pink ballet flats with dark red soles.

She ran up to you, waving her hand in the air as she held a notebook in the other.

"Hey!" She said, bending down as she tried catching her breath.

"Hi? Do I know you?" You asked, looking down at her. She looked up at you and stood straight.

"I'm Marinette. You're new, and I felt as if you needed some friends here, like Mrs. Bustier said. Hence, the run." Marinette said.