VII. DOCTOR DOCTOR

REMMI 

I COULDN'T REMEMBER HOW I'd gotten here. Wherever here was. The room I was in had a hospital bed. It was your basic hospital room, but it was more of a home. Pictures that little children had drawn where on the walls. Are their children here? I thought. I picked myself up from the floor, despite the raging headache I had. I went over to the sink and looked in the mirror. I had a small bump on my head. I'd have to check for a concussion later. Or have El do it. 

Ellie, Andy and Matt... What would they think? I couldn't help but worry if I'd see them again. I had no idea who these people where or what they wanted. I ignored the excruciating pain I was feeling when I heard a scream. I immediately ran to the door, surprisingly finding it unlocked. The screaming was coming from a few doors down. I ran towards the sound and saw the man that Daryl had shot an arrow through. He was trying to take the arrow out and he wasn't doing a very good job of it. 

"Stop!" I shouted. "You're going to hurt yourself even more by doing it that way." I told him. 

"Oh yeah? Who the hell are you? Some smart mouthed puta?" He spoke. 

"I'm a surgeon. I'm Dr. Remmi Tyler and I can help you," I said, trying to get him to stop, "You just have to quit what you're doing." 

"What hospital did you work out?" 

"Grady and then at a smaller one in King's County?"

He just nodded, "Alright. What do you need?" 

After my final suture, I cut the thread, tying it off and putting a bandage over it. I was almost sad that I was done. I missed it. I missed doing simple suture's and surgeries. I missed it all. "You should be good now," 

"Thanks doc," The man who I had learned was Miguel, spoke. 

"Anytime," I replied, "So what is this place? It doesn't look like a traditional hospital."

"It's a retirement home. It was full of enfermera's, nurses, before they all left. A few days later, we found the place.  Been here ever since," He explained.

"That's really great," 

"Yeah, I guess. Most of 'em are on oxygen and have a lotta other problems. Jose was a nurse so he's been helpin' out. Say, you wouldn't happen to know a place with more tanks would ya?" 

"Actually, you might want to check Grady. I doubt by now anyone's there," I told him. Miguel just nodded and went to say something else but was cut off by someone else. 

"Miguel, we need the girl. Tie her up and bring her out on the roof," I looked at Miguel and he just sighed. 

"Miguel, you don't-" 

"Quiet," The man told me, I had assumed he was the leader. The way he carried himself showed he was respected. It was Derek when he was in the office, but this guy... He was different. 

"I'm sorry," Miguel said quietly before grabbing a rope one of the other men was carrying. He tied my hands behind my back before duct taping my mouth shut. I hung my head low as we Miguel took me up the stairs. Another man hit my back, telling me to go faster. 

Once we had arrived at a door, I heard someone call, "Miguel, Manuel, bring her out!" I was being brought to the edge and that's when I started to struggle. 

"You bes' let her go!" I heard Daryl's voice. I began to struggle through the grip of the men, flashbacks of having Derek's hands on me coming back. I couldn't do this. I began thrashing around, waiting for this moment to finally be over. 

But that moment never came and I found myself so close to getting out from their grip and getting so much closer to the edge.

*published 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

i'm not normally one for cliff hangers, but i couldn't help myself. is this even considered a cliff hanger? probably not. whatever. 

in all honesty, remmi might want to start being more careful for what she wishes for. 

the plans i have for this book are really exciting, but it's basically all in season 2? which sucks, but whatever. 

i'm also going to mention now that this book and the next are going to be a slow burn towards remmi and daryl's relationship. it will be bipolar, but what dixon isn't?

sorry lol.