71 ⸸

"No..." Namjoon's eyes widened. "Seokjin, no. You can't die. Please..." He checked his pulse.

Nothing. There was no pulse on Seokjin's arm.

The doctor carried his frail, weakened body to his car.

The thought of Seokjin being dead was blocked from Namjoon's mind and vocabulary, the doctor didn't want to even think about it. He drove off into a dark pathway, trying his best to see the road, but something in his vision wasn't letting him focus clearly.

Soon enough, tears streamed down his cheeks when reality kicked in.

"You have to live. You have to make it." He held Seokjin's hand, with high hopes that he might feel a pulse. And there it was. A very weak one, but the man had regained a pulse in his left hand. Namjoon sped up in his car from the emotion and the fear that this slow pulse Seokjin was able to regenerate, would eventually stop.

"I'm going to be alright." The man's voice was almost inaudible from the amount of blood gushing out of his mouth. He lifted his shirt a bit, exposing his stomach. It was swelling up fast.

"You have internal bleeding." He saw Namjoon and instead of attending to his own injuries and or complaining about the immense amount of pain he felt throughout his entire body, Seokjin's first instincts were to reach out his right hand to wipe away the tears that were streaming down Namjoon's face.

"No crying." He took a shaky deep breath in. "Heroes don't cry, they... Cheer for those who they... Have saved." He tilted his head back.

"Don't call me a hero just yet, I still have a lot of saving to do."

~~~

The doctor parked his car in the first place he could find, not caring if the police would give him a ticket or not. At the moment, all he cared about was getting Seokjin some serious medical attention.

"Can you get up?" Namjoon asked. Seokjin nodded, but his body said otherwise. He stepped out of the car and instantly collapsed in the young doctor's arms who carried him into the emergency room.

They took the man off of Namjoon's hands to lay him down on a hospital bed. The doctor saw how much pain the man had been masking from him behind a strong, stone cold face. He began hyperventilating when the nurses were taking him away.

Namjoon thought that the stress he was feeling in the car while driving would go away when he got the man to the ER, but it duplicated.

He didn't know if the man was alive, or if he was already gone. The only thing he could do now was wait hours for someone to come up to him and give him an update on how Seokjin was doing.

Two hours had gone by and no one came to inform him on Seokjin's condition. Namjoon was becoming mentally unstable with each passing minute turning into torture for him.

Thankfully, after the long wait, a doctor finally went up to Namjoon to inform him about
Seokjin's current health status.

"So we just put Seokjin in a room, after performing an emergency procedure on him. His hemoglobin was dangerously low, it's a miracle that he survived. How did this happen?"

Namjoon came up with a believable story for the doctor to take in all of the information he was distributing to him.

"So he's always had his hemoglobin levels low because of his anemia and he fell how...?" The doctor asked after hearing Namjoon's story.