Chapter Thirty Seven: The Mission Logs

Meanwhile back in Catlinburg, Candillice and Carlyle were in the courtyard engaged in an intense sword training match as they discussed the situation.

"The Queen is transferring me to wall duty, I can no longer accompany you as your protector I am sad to say," Carlyle explained.

"I cannot believe Mother would do this. . ." Candillice shouted in frustration as she swung a wooden sword at Carlyle's head.

"She's locked up Sam with his friends also Reegan and Toido are not to be allowed back in to the Castle," She shouted as Carlyle blocked Candillice's attacks with his wooden sword and training shield.

"Your skill has improved Princess It must be all of that extra training you were putting in with Sam!" Carlyle said before he jumped up into a tree.

"I am no longer your protector but I will do my best to help you train!" Carlyle stated.

"Mother revoked your protector status! Like she can't just do that you know the oath is for life!" Candillice said as she circled the tree.

"She revoked the others as well!" Carlyle said from above.

She could not see where Carlyle had hidden among the leaves. He jumped out at her but she was too quick. She leaped towards a wall and dug her claws in deep to hang in a defensive position.

"Nice speed Princess!" Carlyle exclaimed as he walked up to her nonchalantly.

"I overheard Mother last night talking to the generals and the council. She wants the White Knight as my protector, and guess what else?! I am to stay confined to the castle!" Candillice told Carlyle before he attacked from below. She leaped into the air with a twirl and landed behind Carlyle almost sneaking in an attack to his back. But Carlyle quickly blocked with his shield.

He then looked up, jumped high into another tree and began speaking down towards her.

"The White Knight protected the Queen from that large Grotesque. I heard it was the same beast that intruded the Spirit temple and attacked you!" Carlyle said.

"The one with the chipped tooth!" Candillice said as she watched Carlyle jumping from tree to tree.

"We would all be in bags if White Knight and his freedom fighters hadn't shown up. Perhaps they will be a great help in defeating the Grotesques!" Carlyle stated.

"Mother thinks the White Knight and his freedom fighters are the real heroes and that I made a mistake. . . . . But Tiya said Sam was the one I was looking for. . . . She said that Sam had a task!" she replied.

Candillice then jumped into the tree looking for Carlyle. The leaves were thick but once inside the tree she could see many branches that he could have been latched on to. Suddenly Carlyle came swinging his sword while hanging off a branch above Candillice. She blocked and Carlyle continued to ask questions.

There was some cracking noises and the branch broke underneath Candillice but Carlyle was quick enough to catch her fall.

"I too am very impressed with Sam. It is true we could not have saved those Tigris from the Grotesques without his help. And even the Guardian befriended him!" Carlyle said as he held Candillice in his arms. He let go of her and she proceeded to wipe the branches and leaves off of her momentarily before striking his ankle with her wooden sword.

"Ach!" Carlyle yelled and hopped on one foot to show he was in pain. Candillice giggled.

"Oh it wasn't that hard!" She told him and laughed some more. With a very smooth motion Carlyle lunged at her while she was distracted and placed his wooden training sword within just inches of her neck.