Chapter Forty Six: Taking a Step Back

Late that night Andrew was summoned to bring Adimniss the Glass of LyrAndal. He ran to retrieve the relic, and quickly returned rushing into the room.

"Kneel! Bow! On the floor when you are in my presence!" She commanded Andrew.

He felt a sharp pain that did not subside until he was kneeling and lowering his head. He lifted the glass above as high as he could for Adimniss to look into it.

"Show me the foolish child that scratched me!" She commanded the Glass of LyrAndal.

What the glass showed her was a blinding light and then the image of Sam's current appearance was revealed. Adimniss shrieked and then let out a horrible scream.

"It's Siamisha!" She shouted in fear.

"Andrew did you know of this?" Adimniss asked, she kicked and then hit him with her shadow vines until he screamed out in terrible pain. 

But Adimniss felt no satisfaction from his misery, she was trembling in fear.

"Show me his champions!" She commanded.

The images of the days failed training session were shown to Adimniss. All of the embarrassing moments of a team lacking discipline and unity appeared within the glass, she burst out in laughter. She showed the images to Varnaulk who was sitting in a desk that was close by with pen and ink jotting notes.

"This is amusing! Varnaulk! I believe this will be your greatest comedy!" Adimniss laughed as she ordered Varnaulk to write down the events.

The next morning started the same as the day before with Sam waking up before everyone else but this time was going to be different he thought. He started everyone off with some warm up exercises instead of having Rufus read the rules over again and quizzing everyone first thing in the morning.

Sam had asked Papi and the other Olliniqu to stand back and watch for the morning. He already placed the three flags in a triangular formation at the edge of the training grounds.

"When I was little. . . Coach had us running on the ground first. No Hover Bikes! So that's what we are doing this morning," Sam explained.

"Hey little guys can you hop instead of using your wings today?" Sam asked the small Olliniqu, the three little ones hopped up and down happily in reply.

"Carlyle, Candillice! Come here a sec!" Sam called to them, they ran over to witness him opening a can of fish that had come from Knogra's cellar.

He dipped a small ball of string into the fish juice and sewed it to the edges of the flags.

"I think this will help you guys focus better on catching the flags today," Sam told them, he waved it back and forth in front of them watching as their eyes followed. Sam almost became entranced himself by the smell of the fish and the ball of string but he quickly got a hold of himself.

"Weird!" he whispered to himself.

"June come here. You were in little league on Earth so that's how were playing today."

"Like the little kids?" June said with sarcasm.

"Yes Juniper I believe I have deduced what Samuel is eluding to. . . ." Rufus said.

"HAHAHA we got a ahead of ourselves yesterday, way ahead!" Reegan exclaimed.

"Ya today we are taking a step back," Sam replied.

"Did you get the suit changes ready?" Sam asked Reegan.

"Yep righto Sam sure did! OK! Lets see what we got, Elbow and Knee pads to avoid scrapes, cuts and bruises. I put thrusters in the boots for short jumps and falls so nobody gets stuck in a tree like June did yesterday!" Reegan explained.