Chapter One

Jisoo pinched the bridge of her nose trying to fend off an oncoming headache. It seemed like the perfect way to end her not so perfect day, but then she realized that it was still only the afternoon. Jisoo glanced at her watch and groaned when she saw the time. It was just a little past twelve, which meant she had at least another five hours before she could go home. Maybe if I fainted, I'll be able to go home. She quickly scratched that idea knowing that the cold concrete floor would hurt like hell if she pretended to collapse. Not that anyone would even notice. Kim Jisoo was having a bad day.

Being woken up by her grumpy neighbor, Mrs. Ho, at four in the morning was an awesome way to start her day. She had complained that Jisoo's music was too loud and it was disturbing her birds. Mrs. Ho didn't have birds, but Jisoo humored her anyways. She apologized and turned off the "blaring noise." The only reason she had it on because she couldn't sleep the night before. Listening to music was the only way she could fall asleep, but the radio was barely above a decibel. Only dogs could hear it. Frigging psycho. I didn't know I had Mr. Heckles for a neighbor.

On her way back to bed, Jisoo stepped in a puddle of cat pee. Cursing out loud, she lost her footing and landed in that puddle of pee. She had just gotten a new kitten and the little bugger wasn't quite sure where the litter box was so he peed and pooped wherever he pleased. It took Jisoo a little over an hour to get cleaned up and by then, she couldn't go back to sleep. Figuring she'd start her day early, Jisoo started to make her morning coffee only to find that was out of coffee.

Now she was in a cold warehouse, sleep-deprived, grumpy and was two seconds away from killing her best friend, Lisa. Jisoo watched as Lisa yelled out orders to anyone who would listen and cringed at the volume of her voice. How can anyone yell that loud without a megaphone?

"Cut! Seriously you guys, this isn't rocket science. Take 5 and we'll re-shoot."

Jisoo glared at her. She loved Lisa with all her heart but they had been in this decrepit warehouse for hours filming a music video. They hadn't even taken a lunch break yet and Jisoo was finding that lint covered mint in the bottom of her purse very appetizing with every passing minute.

"Seriously, Lisa? 75 takes isn't enough?"

Lisa looked up from her spot in her director's chair and gave her a sweet smile. "Stop being a drama queen, Jisoo. It's the 73rd take."

Drama queen? That little whore. Jisoo rolled her eyes and banged her head against the monitor she was leaning on. Yeah, that's the greatest cure for my headache. "That's going to be so much fun editing. I swear to God, you do it just to piss me off."

Jisoo had known Lisa for six years and had a love/hate relationship with her. They had met their Freshmen year of college as roommates and bonded immediately over their shared love of film, both majoring in the same subject. When they graduated, Jisoo and Lisa decided to form their own little film production working with small things such as local commercials, low budget music videos, and the occasional indie movie. They got along great when they weren't working, but the minute the camera started rolling, Jisoo and Lisa butted heads like no other.

When their film production first started, they made an agreement that Lisa would be behind the camera directing, and Jisoo would be the one editing and putting things together. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but Jisoo soon found out that they had very different views on what made a good film or video.

Arguing over almost every decision the other made, Jisoo suggested that they'd let the fates decide. The fates being a game of rock, paper, scissors. The system had been working for two years now. They had satisfied customers and a good chunk of change. The production company was named RoPaSci Film Productions to pay homage to their decision making game. Plus, Jisoo liked explaining the random name to people who asked.