Chapter 36

I stand still by my dad who was breathing heavily because of someone's presence. I dare not look his way. His dangerous eyes were glued on dad. Terrence spared me a glance or two. But his body was an easy reminder of what happened between us and I had no fashion in recollecting it.

"Are you feeling better Mr.Whitlock?" My dad avoids his eyes. I try to hold his hand but he swats it away. I try not to show my hurt.

I don't know why Terrence is suddenly faking his concern. He is the one who put my dad there.

"He is feeling better now. With all of the drugs and injections he has been taking..he feels a little sleepy. Nothing to worry about." My mother replies sternly. He doesn't waste his time sparing my mother a glance.

"Is there anything I can do? Mr.Whitlock?"  His ironed blazer neatly rested in his muscles forearms.

"Give me my daughter back. And get away from us." My dad's gruesome voice had me all of us startled. Terrence simply stared bored at dad. An awkward pause follows and we all resort to being quite.

"As promised Park Enterprises is doing excellent in the market. I have every record to review that. Get well Mr.Whitlock. There is a lot that needs your attention." He simply dodges away my dad's plea.
His eyes find mine and he emotionlessly stares at me. He looked so different from the man I have last seen. I try not to recollect that night. His lust filled eyes. Hungry eyes..

"I will have to take my leave. Excuse me." He stands up alerting the rest of us. His dominating presence made it too hard to catch our breaths. I gulp and look at my dad who was busy frowning. My gaze wanders to my parents intertwined hands and I immediately decide to give them privacy.

I follow Terrence's suit and head out. Once out, he doesn't waste a second and speeds up. Unknowingly I follow his foot steps. Despite knowing that now isn't the best time to be around him..I still move ahead. Terrence passes by a emergency staircase exit and still there and I halt too. Even before I release my breathe he catches me and throws me inside a confined room. He blocks the exit and shuts the door silently. To my utter disbelief he locks it. The darkness hugged his remarkable stature making him look irresistible and dangerous. Sweat starts coating near the base of my neck. He leans into me and I fall prey to his steel eyes.

"Next time, try not to follow me. It will lead you elsewhere." He grits and tightens his hold on my wrists.

"I want to talk to you.." I whisper. He raises his brow urging me to continue. His shaded eyes made me feel so insignificant. He looked so arrogant that sparing me few seconds will cost him millions.

"This is about our marriage." I avert my eyes afraid of being caught.

"Terence, whatever happened between us was-is a mistake. We are not meant to be. It's time we part our ways." His lean fingers play with the skin on my wrist making me involuntarily shiver.

"I decide Nevaeh." His thick baritone had a warning lace.

"And I believe in my marriage. You are my wife and it's going to stay that way."

"What do you want from me Terence? You have always stolen everything from me. Without my consent! What else is left in me that interests you so much?!"

"A lot. A lot that thrills me" My eyes widen in disbelief.

"I feel emotionally exhausted. My dad is upset with me! Nothing is working..please I beg you..leave me." His eyes cleverly observe me and I try my best in wiping my tears. Taking a deep breath and I look at him.

"I accept my defeat. I have no option but to beg you."
His grip on my waist grows feeble.

"A life with me doesn't interest you. Is it truly that disgusting Nevaeh?" His voice was edgy and silent. Too silent.