22

Brahms still wouldn't move from the door, not one inch, no matter how many times you begged him. He stood his ground.

"Fine!" You screamed.

Brahms jumped backwards a little, his eyes widening.

Had you just given in?

Luckily for you but unluckily for Brahms, he'd just given you the perfect gap to slot through, so you did just that.

Somehow, you got almost halfway down the hallway before you were tackled to the ground.

You both landed on the ground with a huge thud and Brahms slowly began to crush you underneath his weight.

"Can't.. breathe.."

Brahms immediately got off of you after hearing your cries of help and rolled next to you, watching you catch your breath back.

He watched you with awe, as if you were a rare creature he'd just discovered. He watched you.. with lust.

As soon as your breathing had gotten back to normal, you sat up from the floor, facing Brahms cross-legged.

"Why?" You asked him. You made sure your voice didn't seem like it was filled with anger, to not scare Brahms too much into not answering you and make him run back into the walls again.

Brahms moves his eyes to the floor in embarrassment and you could've sworn they filled with tears.

"I.. lose control. Sometimes."

You nodded, hoping Brahms would go on.

He shifted uncomfortably in his sat position on the carpet and shook his head. "I know I've been a bad boy, so punish me."

You were shocked and sure your face showed it. Brahms expected you to punish him? How? You didn't have the heart to.

"Brahms," You started slowly. "I know you're scared of me leaving, but you don't have to tackle me to the ground to make me stay. We'll figure something about the food later, okay? But for now, I'm not going anywhere."

You moved closer to him cautiously, making sure he wouldn't be surprised by any kind of sudden movements. Finally, the both of your faces were merely a couple of inches apart. He lifted his gaze from the floor up to you. His eyes were puffy and red, and filled with sorrow. He had been crying under his mask, after all.

You could hear Brahms' breathing; it was quick but heavy. Like a child who'd been sobbing for hours.

His hands rested in his lap, and you saw an opportunity. You softly shifted your hands to his, delicately entwining them together. His thumb was the size of your index finger.

"No punishment?" He whimpered, wondering if you'd lash out like his mother did whenever he'd been naughty.

"No punishment." You reassured him, shaking your head and rubbing your thumb on his knuckles. "Now, lunch?"

Brahms nodded, joy filling his eyes once again. You both got up together, your hands still connected. Awkwardly, you retracted your hand, laughing quietly.

He led you to the kitchen and sat in a chair. You walked over to the fridge and opened it. There was some ham, some butter, and a loaf of bread on the counter. A ham sandwich it is then.

You carefully prepared the sandwich for Brahms and made one for yourself shortly after you'd served it to him. As soon as you sat down, Brahms had already finished. He rose from his chair and slid the plate onto the counter. Only taking a third bite out of your own sandwich, you suddenly felt your stomach flip.

"Brahms? Check the date on the ham for me, would you?" You panicked, worried you were going to be sick.

Brahms saw your pale face and rushed over to the packet of ham.

"13th of A-April," He stuttered. "I won't be sick, but I don't know about you."

Brahms looked at you with panic as he saw your eyelids start to flutter.

Black dots clouded your vision and your arms dropped to your side. You were losing consciousness, and fast.

The last thing you saw was Brahms diving towards you as you collapsed to the floor.

The last thing you felt were his arms around your waist and your neck.

The last thing you heard.. were his tears.