Part 27: Gai Yang

In POV

It was Monday, the first day for our semester exam. I was in my car, driving slowly out from my home. It was about 6am, but, I decided to go to rooftop before going to school.

Last night, I couldn't sleep even for a second. I laid my body on my bed, but I kept thinking of him. I checked his phone, he called and texted me for several times. But, when I checked it in my phone, the phone log and text have been cleared. It was really strange.

I read all of his messages for several times, I just could cry. I felt that I was the most dummies boy, how could I did that to him. But, I believed that Rose who cleared and sent message to Sun by yesterday when she borrowed my phone.

It had to be proven by I myself. So, momentarily, I still set Sun's phone in flight mode.

But I kept questioning about Rose. How could you so cruel to that boy, Rose? He was the one who asked me to sit beside you when you were not accepted in the class. He asked me to drive you for going home to make you felt safe, meanwhile he took a bus for going home. It was really unaccepted.

I would not blame another one, because it was my mistake for abandoning Sun. But, if there was something bad to Sun, I would not stay quiet. Even if that should be a woman, Rose.

I arrived in the rooftop, then I walked toward the rooftop. It was still as same as last night. I wanted to knock the door. I closed my eyes. I just hoped when I knocking the door, he would answer. Then, I knocked the door. I waited, but no answer.

I knocked it again, harder. But he didn't reply it. I leaned my head to the door, "Open the door, Sun. Please", I asked. Then, I sat in front of the door like a puppy waiting for their boss, for a few times.

I saw at my watch, it has been 7.30am. I had to go to school. "I will meet him in the school. This is the first day for semester exam, he should not miss it", I told to myself.

Then, I drove my car to the school.

--*--

I walked to the class, I met Rose. She smiled and talked so many things to me, I just smiled at her and passed by her. I walked to my seat, I put my bag. I saw at Sun's seat, it was still empty.

Then, I sat. I keep seeing to the door, I hoped he would appear in front of the door and run to his seat. Then, he would say "I almost missed the bus".

But, he didn't. The exam would be started in 5 minutes, but he still not arrived in the class.

Ai Nam entered the class, she tried to avoid me. But, I didn't care. I had to asked her, possibly she knew where did Sun.

"Ai Nam", I called her. But, she didn't reply me

"Ai, Nam", I called her again

"Eh", she replied shortly. But, she didn't see at me

"Where is Copper?" I tried to open conversation with her

"He will not come"

"He still participate in that competition?"

"Eh", she nodded her head

"Ehm, do you know where is Sun?"

She turned her head, but she didn't reply my question. "Possibly he is late", I told her as it was really awkward.

She took a deep breath, then she turned her head as before. She didn't talk to me, again. I was totally failed.

--*--

The first exam of today has been finished, we got 30 minutes for rest time. I was so disappointed and worried, Sun didn't come to the class. Along the first exam, Ai Nam kept see at Sun's seat. I knew, she were also worrying about him.