(171) Harboring Unfathomable Motives, The Beautiful Person was a Snake

It was not that she wasn't suspicious of the real face under that mask.

She subconsciously thought that Big Block of Ice's face shouldn't be disfigured. When she had free time in college she would read a few novels on crossing over. Quite a few male leads used being disfigured to hide their appearance. She felt maybe Big Block of Ice was also like this.

Before, she pestered Big Block of Ice alot wanting him to take of the mask and let her have a look. But everytime, he either ignored her or just walked away by himself, causing her to not dare ask again.

Now he was drunk and lacking strength, if she took the opportunity to take off his mask, then place it back in its original position, no one would know and she would have solved her many days of suspicions, wouldn't that be perfect?

She licked the corner of her mouth, slowly stretched out her hand, her heart jumped with thump, thump sounds. It felt as if she was opening her eighteen year old coming of age gift from her parents, curious, expectant, and apprehensive.

When her hand was about to reach that mask, that thick curled up long eyelashes moved. She thought he was about to wake up, startling her to quickly withdraw her hand.

But the result was that he was still sleeping soundly.

So it turned out to be a false alarm, Chu Qing-Yan softy let out a breath of air. How come she felt somewhat guilty like a thief!

After a short period of time, her hand extended out once again. This time it went very smoothly, when her finger touched that ice cold mask, Big Block of Ice didn't react at all. She smiled craftily, her fingers moving lightly as she started to pick up the mask.

But as that mask was slowly separated from Big Block of Ice's face, her heart was suddenly at a loss.

What's the difference of knowing or not knowing what Big Block of Ice looked like?

If his face was intact and not disfigured, what would she do?

If his face was disfigured, changed beyond recognition, again what would she do?

Was his real appearance really that important?

If his face was intact, Big Block of Ice must have his reason for not taking off the mask for ten years. Why should she break this balance because of her own selfishness?

If his face was already destroyed, then what qualification did she have to go open up his old scars? Wasn't that like sprinkling salt on his wounds?

Chu Qing-Yan ah Chu Qing-Yan, handing over a person and a heart had nothing to do with his looks or his status.

Aren't you a person who disdain people that pry into other people's secrets?

Why become the kind of person you loathed before?

She slowly withdrew her hand eyes suddenly become bright it was no longer fogged over.

She must respect Big Block of Ice's wishes, unless he is conscious and awake and willing to let her know. Otherwise, she absolutely won't do something sneaky like this while he was unconscious!

Having made this decision in her heart, she felt carefree from head to toe!

A burst of footstep sounds could be heard, Xi Ning had already returned.

"Master, isn't it time for you to rest? Tomorrow, we'll be leaving on a long journey out of the capital. This servant is worried that tomorrow you won't have vitality." Xi Ning opened wide her almond shaped eyes and said with deep concern.

Hearing this, Chu Qing-Yan smiled. "I'll sit here for a little bit, the strength of this wine still surges. Sometimes when it surges, people will feel unwell. Once that period passes, I'll return to my room."