23:

listen to the song when I say lkskls (if u want)

recap:

Steve stands up, eyes shrouded in darkness and mutters,

"Let's end this."

23:

"Do you want to die?" Levi warns Steve, standing unarmed in front of him.

"No, I want you to die," Steve replies, lunging towards Levi.

Levi dodges his attack and Steve ends up running into the table, knocking it over, splattering the food all over the floor and smashing the plates to pieces.

"I don't want to hurt you," Levi says, reaching for the leg of the broken wooden chair.

"You're a murderer, don't give me that crap," Steve growls, pushing himself up from the ground, knife still in his hand. He swings his arm at Levi, and Levi knocks the knife out of his hand with the piece of wood.
Mum and I flinch at the sound of the knife falling and bouncing on the floor.
Steve lets out a shriek and hugs his right arm to his body.

"You say you don't want to hurt me and then you do. I told you it was crap," he says, aiming the second sentence at me and my mum.

"S-steve please stop," my mum stutters in fear.

"What's wrong dear?" Steve starts, walking towards us menacingly. "You want me to get rid of the pest in our house?" he asks with his eyes wide.

"You're insane," I shudder, flicking his attention onto me.

"You should see me on a bad day, my dear," he creeps further towards us before being suddenly dragged back by Levi. Steve loses his balance a bit but Levi holds him up, allowing him to stand in front of him and hook his left jaw, sending him flying onto the floor.

"Don't even think about hurting them," Levi threatens Steve.

Steve spits out blood onto the floor while saying, "I could never hurt (YMN)."

"(Y/N) take your mum and get out of here and call the military police," Levi orders me without taking his gaze off Steve.

"No, I'm staying with you," I reject him.

"Well would you look at that," Steve mutters having stood up. He wipes blood from his nose across his face and inspects his hand. "You may look small, but you can punch."

"If you let this go, I'll leave and never see you again," Levi informs him.

"What? No!" I stand up and run in between Steve and Levi. "I won't let you leave me, Levi."

"Then there's only one way this can end," Steve says behind me.

*PLAY SONG NOW*

Before I know it, my mum is running towards me, her eyes wide and misted over. She runs past me and hugs Steve.

"(Y-YMN)?" Steve stutters.

I turn around to face them and I see Steve's eyes wide and tearful.

"It's okay," she whispers.

I look down and see a sharp shard of wood sticking out of her back.

"M-mum?" I stutter, letting her fall back onto me. I lower her to the ground and into my lap.
I stroke her hair before looking down to the wood in her stomach. My eyes linger on the red spilling from it.

"Levi, g-get a bandage o-or something!" I cry out.

"No," my mum coughs up, blood spewing from her mouth. "I'm fine, I'm fine," she assures me, slowly reaching her arms up and resting her hands on my cheeks.
I place my hands over hers and feel tears flowing out of my eyes, and she wipes each as they fall.

"Y-you're not okay mum," I cry more.

"Shh, shh," she stops me.

"You'll die," I whisper.

"Then I'll die protecting what I love," she smiles at me, before coughing some blood up as her eyes turn dead.

"No! No, no, no, no, no, no," I scramble, trying to hold her arms up to my face, hoping they'd stay there but they just fall down. My head tumbles forward and my tears fall onto her cheeks, mixing with her own.
I sob, short of breath and I mutter noises instead of words.

How can everything break within two days.
Two days.

What about our picnics in the sun? What about making dinner together, laughing together, planning your wedding together?
You didn't have to leave...

Levi pulls me back and I scream out wishing to hold her forever, as he turns me around in his arms I see the pub owner with the military police going over to a shocked, crying Steve, staring at the one he loves on the floor, dead by his hand.

Levi drags me into a hug, the blood on my clothes covering his, his hand stroking my head and his calm whispers vibrating through me.

I can't stop shaking, and I clench my hands on his shirt, longing to feel his warms.

"This is my fault, I'm so sorry (Y/N)," he whispers solemnly so only I can hear.

"No, it's not," I sob. I clench my fists tighter and nuzzle my head on his chest. "I love you, none of this is your fault," I cry.

We stand in a silence and he seems to believe me and he rests his head on my shoulder.

"They're gone," he whispers, letting me out of his grip.

I turn around and see my childhood home. Battered and broken with a pool of blood on the floor.

I fall to my knees and retch and cry even more.

My childhood is gone in the blink of an eye.

My protector is gone in the blink of an eye.

-End-

[A/N]

yh so i guess that's the end
besides the epilogue.

this thing has been such a wild ride for me, i started this in December sometime and i met cool ppl because of it, and in some way, this book is dedicated to them

this may not be the ending you guys were expecting but i hope you'll take it for what is it, theres symbolism behind it which i can explain if you would want

yh i wanna say thank you to anyone who read this, commented or voted cuz its so weird that ppl actually read and enjoyed this mess of a story lol

and I may or may not have another book

lia x