chapter 9:

Song: This is the hunt- Ruelle (this song gives me 'running free in a forest' vibes so I feel like it would fit perfectly with the mood of Alvaro and Dawn's date)

Chapter 9:

I wake up bright and early, feeling as light as a feather, before my alarm clock has the chance to annoy me. I open my eyes noticing a shadow in front of me and I scream like a crazy person while throwing away my blanket and trying to stand up.

Jenna's laugh echoes through the room and I curse loudly. I glance evilly at her spread form on my bed and I fall back on it, getting under the covers. I turn my head away from her and close my eyes.

"You should have seen your face. God I haven't laughed this hard since forever" my sister squeals and I release a groan

"Your mate is not doing a great job then." I comment which makes Jenna chuckle once again.

"Come on, Dawn. Tell me everything about last night. I've been up for an hour waiting for you to wake up! I am so pumped"

Realizing she won't leave me alone, I turn my head towards her and open my eyes. "It's like 7 in the morning. How can you be this excited at 7 in the morning?"

"Well, mom mentioned that as a future Luna I need to get used to getting up pretty early in order to make sure that everything runs smoothly in the pack. For the first time ever, I actually agree with her." Jenna admits and a small smile makes its way on my lips.

"Look at you all grown-up and ready to become Luna. I think you will be awesome in this role, even without mom's help"

Jenna looks at me and smiles shyly before focusing on her main subject again.

"Thank you... So, are you ready to tell me about last night? Will I be soon saying goodbye to my best friend AND my sister?" She asks me and I realize that Carly must have mentioned her upcoming departure.

I sit up and stretch a bit. "Well, I am staying until I graduate from the academy but Carly is definitely leaving in like 5 days."

Her eyes widen and she gives me a puzzled look "Wait. You are staying? What about your mate?"

"He is staying here as well, until I graduate. Mateo, his Alpha suggested it. They are really close friends so..." I explain and I can see comprehension in her eyes.

"That's nice of him. I wonder if Jonathan would ever leave Adrian stay away from us for so long."

"Maybe he should, so we can get a break from our annoying brother." I comment

Jenna bursts into laughter and I can't help but join her. When we both calm down, she gets up and heads towards the door.

"I am gonna let you get ready for the academy while I go fix my awful hair because I am meeting Jonathan in like an hour."

"OH. Another hot date?" I ask, teasing her

"I wish. We are meeting with his parents to talk about pack business, our future and all that jazz" she clarifies with a sigh.

I nod and she waits for a moment before she speaks again."Dawn, when you met your mate did it feel like finally everything makes sense? You know, that feeling everyone described when we were young. Like he is the most important person in the world?"

I take a second to think about it before I answer truthfully. "It did feel like everything changed. Yeah, I guess you can say that everything made sense. It was overwhelming but... perfect." I confess, a small smile playing on my lips remembering the odd way I met Alvaro.