❦ Chapter Ten ❦

*Disclaimer; I do not own Teen Wolf. Only Opal and my own plot.*

❦ Chapter Ten ❦ 

Opal 

"Is that even a language?" Stiles asked unhelpfully as we stared at the laptop screen. We were flicking through the Argent family's bestiary and none of it seemed to be in English. Not to mention it was freezing cold and I was standing uncomfortably in the school parking lot in only my underwear.

"Stiles, give me your freaking jumper," I demanded. His eyes flickered to my body for a split second before meeting my eyes, his face reddening as he realized I caught him checking me out. Stiles shrugged out of his school lacrosse jumper and draped it around my shoulders, his fingers lightly brushing my skin. I blushed slightly and pulled the jumper closer to me, finding comfort in its warmth.

Scott ignored our exchange and continued scrolling through the pages. "How are we supposed to figure out what this thing is?" Scott questioned rather annoyed.

It took a moment for Scott to process after rescuing us from the pool that I had seen him in his wolf form and he was even more surprised to see that I was pissed off more than shocked. I had snapped at him saying, "As if you could keep something like this from me. I thought we were supposed to be friends."

Scott had apologized and told me Stiles would fill me in on absolutely everything later tonight. I'd grudgingly agreed, even though I wasn't sure why Scott couldn't just tell me everything there and then. I did want to take a hot shower and drink some hot chocolate before anyone told me anything more, so I guessed it would be better being let in on everything tonight rather than now... with me being in my underwear and everything.

"It's called a kanima," Derek voice came from behind us. The three of us turned around to see Derek and Erica striding up to us with guarded expressions.

"Kanima." I repeated stupidly. What the hell was a Kanima?

"You knew this the whole time." Stiles stated irritated.

"No," Derek admitted, "only when it was confused by its' reflection."

"It doesn't know what it is," Scott said catching on. I, on the other hand, was still hella confused.

"Or who," Derek finished.

"Well what else do you know?" Stiles asked Derek. He seemed pretty infuriated and pissed off, but tried to keep his face neutral and calm.

"Just stories. Rumours."

"But it's like us?" Scott asked.

Derek nodded, "A shape-shifter, yes, but it's not right. It's like a..."

"An Abomination," Stiles said looking straight at Derek. He nodded again.

"How the hell are we supposed to kill it?" I whispered to Stiles as Derek focused on my neck

"What's that?" Derek asked pointing at the back of my neck. I moved my hand to clutch it, feeling the almost surgical cut on my neck.

"It's nothing." I dismissed with the wave of my hand. He eyed me suspiciously before he and Erica turned to leave.

"Derek," Scott said making them pause, "we need to work together on this. Maybe even tell the Argents."

"You trust them?" Derek scoffed.

Scott seethed. "Nobody trusts anyone, that's the problem. While we're hear arguing who's on what side, something stronger, scarier and faster than any of us and it's killing people! And we don't even know anything about it!"