026 || yes

•••

•••

"What are you smirking at" I giggled as I caught Clint looking at me, his hand partially covering his smile.
"Oh, Nothing. Nothing" he replied teasingly, still staring unwaveringly at me.
"Seriously what is it?" I moaned, adjusting my body so I was facing him.
He was sat on the armchair whilst I lay on the floor by him, the hard cold surface feeling nice on my aching back.

"Have I told you I loved you recently?" He asked in an airy tone.
I hummed in response, shuffling closer towards him so I could rest my chin on top of his knee.
He looked down at me with shining eyes, the grin I loved morphing his features into one of love and happiness.
"I love you" he murmured, running his fingers through my hair.
I shut my eyes, consumed by the blissful feeling of him playing with my hair.
"I love you too"
His hand cupped the side of my face, his thumb reaching out to brush over my lip. I smiled, turning my head to press a kiss to the inside of his palm of his hand, before moving back to my original position.

It was times like these that I cherished. Just Clint and I in our little paradise, safe and undisturbed, simply existing as a couple.
The setting sun cast an amber hue throughout the house, hitting Clint's face and illuminating his features.
We didn't get this often, what with Clint being away on missions all the time and the building stress of the baby. The silence was calming, the ambience of the farm-life drifting melodically through the open window, being carried in by the slight breeze.

I studied Clint's face through my lashes, my eyes narrowing in on a new scar that he had got in Budapest. His eyes had a far off look to them as he continued to gently caress my cheek with his finger, seemingly zoned out.
"Hey Grace?" He said, his voice completely calm and serene.
"Yes?"
"Marry me"