CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN ━ LET ME DEAL WITH THEM

(chapter twenty-seven.) let me deal with them
❝ THEY ALMOST KILLED YOU. ❞

 ❞

POET GOT IN THE CAR WITH DIEGO AND KLAUS, PARIS TRAILING BEHIND the adults as he ate a pie that he got from the store 2 miles away. His blue eyes were glancing back and forth his aunt and the two men, his gaze on Diego the longest when he saw his longing stare on his aunt. He smirked.

Getting inside the car, he leaned his head on Poet's shoulder, inhaling as tiredness overtook him. He was tired and Poet saw. She knew the nightmares that he had, having dreams about her death. They both didn't know why.

Placing her hands on his forehead, Poet's eyes flashed a scarlet color as an orb formed in her fingertips. Klaus and Diego stared at them, watching her hands glowing and watching as Paris closed his eyes like he was used to doing this. Poet inserted the orb in the 14-year-old boy's head, his eyes slowly closing and his breath slowly slowing, and just in a matter of seconds, he was asleep to the dreams his aunt gracefully inserted in his head.

Diego looked at Poet so she could reassure him that he can speak with a loud tone as Paris was a heavy sleeper and usually slept for a couple of hours without moving or flinching.

"You got a big mouth, you know that?" Diego questioned after a couple of minutes of silence and Poet sighed, already knowing this won't turn out well.

"Oh, wow," Klaus started, tilting his head back on the car seat and looking outside. "What a truly shocking revelation, Diego."

"Everything's a big joke to you, right?" Poet looked down at Paris' hand, noticing the pie slipping out of it. She put it away for him, noticing inside his backpack multiple snacks and a sketchbook. "Would you stop it?"

She stared at Klaus who childishly slammed his fists on his thighs, clearly frustrated that his brother got the drugs. The drugs that would make his pain numb and made him forget about the stuff that he had just suffered through. Or maybe, he could just ask Poet if she could get rid of the memories and replace them with comforting ones.

"Klaus—" Poet started when she heard his thoughts in her head, but Diego cut her off, clearly not finished. Poet shut her mouth, letting the man speak first after he apologized in his head, knowing that she will hear it.

"Why are you putting this shit in your body?" Diego questioned the bag of drugs in his hand. He looked over at Paris to see if he was waking up with his loud voice and he sighed in relief when he saw him softly snoring. The assistant looked at Klaus with furrowed eyebrows, already ready to place her hand on his forehead as she had done to Paris. Diego continued "Check this out. Hm?" He slapped his hand on his stomach. "My body is a temple."

Poet bit her bottom lip as she tried to hide her laughter and Klaus chuckled quietly when he noticed her trying so hard not to laugh at the man that was already glaring at her, hearing her clear her throat softly.

"What he's basically saying," Poet said, glancing at Diego before turning to look at Klaus, "is that all the shit you do is just weakness."

"Oh, wow. Beautiful," Klaus let out and Poet shook her head when she saw him taking another bag of drugs out of his pocket. "Well, weakness feels so good."

Before she could react, Diego hit Klaus on the back of the head harshly and she gulped softly when all she remembered was Julian and her getting beat up like that most of the times... Well, all of the time.

"What's going on with you? Huh?" Diego asked.

"Don't hit me, asshole!" Klaus yelled.

"Don't tell me everything is alright, because I saw you in there," Diego spoke in a loud tone. "You were crying like a baby!"

"Because I lost someone," Klaus finally admitted and Poet looked at him intensely, finally able to see everything in his head. He looked down sadly. "I lost someone. The only... The only person I've ever truly loved more than myself."

Poet took a shaky breath after watching what happened to Klaus. She saw open the bag of drugs and just as the words "cheers" left his mind, Poet opened her mouth to speak.

"You and my great-uncle Dave, huh?" She smiled a little at him. He looked at her and then looked away, scared of what her reaction might be. "It's nice for him to die knowing that he found the person that he truly loved."

Klaus smiled at her before his eyes widened and a journal was taken out. He passed it to Poet. "Here. I decided to take this. Have you know a bit more history behind your name."

She opened it and the first word that stood out was 'POET' with the words 'what a wonderful name to a beautiful girl' next to it.

"Thanks, Klaus."

And just as he was about to take the drugs, she made an orb and insert it right into his head, his eyes just turning to a scarlet color and spacing out.

"Well you're luckier than most," Diego spoke, despite knowing that his brother wasn't paying attention to him. "When you lose someone at least you can... see them whenever you want."

Poet sighed, leaning back on the seat. She crossed her arms, slumping on it, and puffing out her cheeks. She bopped her head to whatever beat she had in her mind, mouthing a few words from the beat.

"That's our man," Diego said and Poet looked up at him. He stared at her in the eyes and for a moment, he got lost in them. He snapped out of it and Poet looked at where he was looking.

"Hey, I know him," she said. He furrowed his eyebrows, not looking away from the man across the street towards the blue car that was parked outside the doughnut shop she and Diego were at.

"Sweets, how could you possibly know that..."

"He and this other lady, who was angry I might say, were the reason why I almost got killed," Diego clenched his jaw. "They tortured Klaus and I."

"We gotta get this guy. For almost killing you, sweets. They can't do that and just get away with it."

"Diego—"

"No," Diego started, starting the car. "No. You let me deal with them. They hurt you. They almost killed you. You didn't deserve that."

"Well, I'm still guilty of all those murders so it's just karma coming to bite me in the ass," Poet said. He sighed, raising her chin with his thumb and index finger.

"It wasn't your fault for all those murders, okay? Stop blaming yourself. And the only ass karma is going to bite, are his and the other ones."

AUTHOR'S NOTE !

what should their ship
name be bc jdhdhejjd

also, this is for my friend
who said this book was
getting boring and that
i should discontinue it.

:)