Chapter 2

Sidney

I woke the next morning to find my knife wound healed, although still a bit sore as I expected, bonus for the wolf healing abilities. I did my regular routine of feeding my pets and taking the dogs for a morning run before settling into a big breakfast for myself after the fight last night. I had the day off from work and it meant a perfect opportunity to go for a run to town and get some more supplies for the next week. Once I finished washing the food down with my coffee I checked my emails for the morning only to find a reply amongst the various job advertisements. I clicked on it right away and was surprised at what I read below.

Re: Application for 'Assistant Animal Caregiver' in Ouachita National Forest                                                                                                                                                                      Dear, Sidney Blake                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     We have looked over your application and are interested in getting in contact with you. You seem more than qualified for the job but we do have a few questions and things we'd like to discuss. I didn't notice a contact number on your application so if you could get in touch with us at the Forest Center as soon as possible we would love to discuss some options with you.                                                                                                                                                                                            Our number is (501) 321 - ****                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Ask for Zach                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       We hope to hear from you soon.

I reread the email a few times before I started to realize that I wasn't actually seeing things, the job of my dreams actually contacted me back. They wanted me to call them but I didn't have a phone, I did however have a new wad of cash to buy one with. I kissed my lovable pooches goodbye as I rushed into town to buy a cell phone and some non perishable food before heading back home. I got the cell set up and dialed the number as I waited for someone to pick up. "Hello, this is the Ouachita main office how may I help you?" A high pitched feminine voice answered. 

"Hi, yes, I'm calling to speak with Zach please." I kept my tone relaxed and light. "One moment please." The girl said and there was shuffling over the line before a new voice came on. "Hello this is Zach, is this Sidney Blake calling?" A man asked, he seemed a bit more nervous than I was. "Yes, about the job offer. I got your email that you might want to discuss a few things and ask some questions?" I hummed out as I silently paced my tiny rental kitchen. "Yes, your qualifications are perfect for the assistant position available, we just have a few questions we'd like to consider first. The position is a good ways from any main towns, do you have any means of transportation?" Phone Zach asked.