chapter 28

jack
2:34pm
that had been in my head for hours, will i be there for our child's birth? will she even tell me if it's a boy or a girl? will our child even know i'm their dad?

i sighed and ate more french fries, johnson looked at me but i shook my head. i needed to talk to her or just get this to her that i want to see my child but she's not going to listen because i hurt her.

talia
2:34pm
the doorbell rang and i groaned, getting off the couch. i walked up to the front door and i opened it to see katherine and laura.
"hey you guys!" i tried my best to sound happy.
"tals, i have seen you in a while!" laura cheered.
"oh my, your bump!" katherine put her hand against it.

i was going through so much pain emotionally and internally, i didn't want to fake it anymore.
"i thought we were going to pay you and j-" before katherine could say jack, laura tapped her shoulder quickly. i guess katherine forgot and laura reminded her.
"oh, come in." i opened my door wider just for them to walk in.

i closed the front door and followed them to the couch.
"your home is so beautiful." katherine awed.
"thank you."
"do you guys want a tour?"

they both nodded and we all got off the the couch, following me into the kitchen.

"so the dining room is right there, very spacious and when sammy and i moved in we re-painted all the rooms white because originally they were so dark."
"the kitchen is so clean! i love your marble." katherine ran her hand down the counter.

"so moving on do you guys want to see the upstairs?"
"yes!" laura cheered.
they followed me up the stairs and katherine immediately awed everything.
"so the first room is a guest room which we might turn into a nursery or i might move before i even have the baby."

we walked in and it was like how i left it, jack would use this room sometimes if we didn't want to sleep in my room or this would be an actual guest for anyone who stayed over.

"the next room is sammy's, we used to only have one master which was mine but we have two after we renovated sammy's room."

we walked out of sam's room then into mine, laura immediately walked to my closet.
"it's a walk-in. doesn't have much much but it's what i got."
"i love the way you decorate your room." katherine said as she walked by my bed.

i looked at one of the shelves and saw a picture of jack and i smiling, i sighed then put the picture faced down so i wouldn't have to see it. katherine engulfed me in a hug and tears began to run down my cheeks.
"it's so hard." i cried into the hug.
"i know sweetheart, i'm sorry."
"it hurts so much." i began to sob.
"i wish i could help as much as i can but i'm not here for that long."
"i know and that's sucks." i cried, pulling away from our hug sitting on the edge of my bed.

"he's my brother, an idiot yes. he will come through talia, just let him speak to you. you guys need to talk soon. then maybe after it'll work itself out naturally." laura smiled.

"yea soon." i said softly, looking down at my bed.

3:32pm
"oh yea how is molly?" i said as i wiped my mouth.
"she's good, she's just really caught up in so many things now. considering the fact that she lives in new york." laura said.
"you're about to get married."
i cheered.
"i wanted to ask you to be one of my bridesmaids, earlier when we were at your house but why not now because we're alone."
"wait really!"
"yes of course, why wouldn't i?"

we hugged and after we pulled away she had a sad look on her face.
"hey, what's wrong?"
"i don't know if you and jack are going to get back together by the time of my wedding."
"why is that?"
"i had arranged everything when you guys were together. i'm sorry talia."
"no it's okay, i promise. i'll just work with it."
"are your sure?"
"one hundred percent sure." i said with a fake smile.
-
random filler but it helps these final chapters :)