Epilogue: 24

24:

"I don't get what you're scared about," Levi sighs, continuing to eat his food while I chow down on mine.

"It's a big commitment, I just-"

"C'mon, (Y/N)."

"Fine, fine, you convinced me," I sigh, dropping my cutlery and raising my arms in surrender.

"I did nothing," he deadpans, continuing to eat unbothered.

"Okay so this is really happening?" I ask for confirmation.

"Duh," he sighs.

"Damn, I can't wait to get my sofa back, it's been two years and I've still never found a better sofa," I reminisce.

"I think you're just insane, baby," Levi mumbles.

"Huh? You say something?" I ask him, going back to eating my food.

"I said do you want to marry me?"

"I know for a fact that's not what you said-"

"But still," he cuts me off, staring me dead in the eye. "Marry me."

"But you're commander of the survey corps, you'd be too busy, it would just be like my mum and dad all over again," I frown. "I don't want to lose you."

"You're such an idiot sometimes," he sighs.

"That doesn't make me feel better," I pout.

"Then what would?" he asks suggestively.

"You think I'm putting out after you called me an insane idiot?" I ask him, standing up with my empty plate and kissing him on the forehead before saying, "No way," smiling, and walking into the kitchen to wash up.

***

"Look, (Y/N), I even have a ring this time!" Levi almost shouts while flustered, down on one knee in the middle of my office.

"Proposing to me in my office isn't very romantic, honey," I sigh and put my hands on my hips.

"You never leave this place! It stinks! The floor is SO dirty and yet I'm actually kneeling on it, and don't even get me started on the cobwebs in the corner," he freaks out and then stands up, brushing off dust from his trousers. "Ugh, you drive me insane."

***

"Can I boop your nose?" I ask Levi while I'm sat across his lap like we always do.

"Only if you marry me," he sighs, putting his pen down and leaning back.

"Damn, I really wanted to boop your nose as well."

***

"You know, I let you stroke my hair and you don't even want to get married," Levi huffs while laying his head on my lap. "It's not fair."

"But look, I can make a mohawk out of your hair. Marriage doesn't allow you to do that," I play with his hair.

"Oh for fucks sake," Levi grumbles, grabbing my hands and getting onto the floor to kneel in front of me. "Why won't you marry me?"

"I told you why, my mum and dad-"

"But your mum wasn't living with Erwin. We see each other everyday, we live together, we eat together and we work together. I don't see an issue!"

"Then fine! Maybe I will marry you!" I shout.

"Good!" he shouts back.

We pause for a second before talking.

"We're actually doing this?"

"Yeah, I guess we are, brat," he smiles.

"Hey, who you calling brat?" I playfully shove his shoulder.

"It's not as if you apologised for calling me an ill-tempered dipshit," he narrows his eyes.

"That's because its accurate," I nod.

"You're so lucky I love you or I would have thrown you across the room," he threatens me.

"See? You are an ill-tempered dipshit!" I laugh.

It's okay, I love you anyway.