Chapter 15

Ami jumped on Josh, waking him up from his oh so great slumber, "Joshieeeeeeeeeeeee!" Josh pushed her off, "Get off you sweat pant sweat shirt monstrosity." She gasped, tears rolling down her face, "J-Josh! I can't believe you'd say that about me." Tears began rolling down her face as she choked. Josh jumped up, "Oh my gosh! Ami I'm so sorry I meant it as a joke I-"

The girl started laughing, "I've gotten too good at this!" Ben looked over from where he was playing on his phone, "Did she pull the fake crying trick? She can shed tears like she's turning on a light I don't get how she does it." Ami turned to him straight faced, "It requires lots of practice and concentration that you buffoons can't seem to appreciate. I'm tALENTED." Josh rolled his eyes, "Okay, cry baby, what'd you interrupt my dream for." She giggled and elbowed me, "Oooh a pretty girl?" "A leg of lamb."

Josh and Ami snickered at their oh so funny joke before Ami jumped up, "So I found this playlist for this musical. It's not on broadway YET because it damn well should be. It's merely the concept music but it sounds sooooo coool! Listen listen listen." She played the soundtrack to a musical called Hadestown, dancing around and singing along quietly to the music as Josh listened. Josh leaned back, "Wow this musical is really good! You know— While we're sharing musicals I found this great one about the band The Four Seasons. Their rendition of the music is so good it's called Jersey Boys." Ami jumped up, "Ooooooh show show show."

Josh pulled up "Sherry" and played it. Ami gasped, "I love this!" She began to dance around randomly to the music, Josh getting up and joining her. They danced around and another came on. It was a slower song, Josh believed the name was "My Eyes Adored You." He took advantage and pulled Ami into a slow dance. She giggled as the two, Josh clad only in sweatpants and Ami in sweatpants and a sweatshirt, slow danced in the hotel room. Ben made gagging noises and walked out, muttering about going to find Sky because he wasn't all mushy and gross.

Josh twirled Ami around, smiling, "You know, this escalated really quickly." Ami laughed, "And our interactions never do?" Josh shook his head, "They always seem to. But I enjoy them. I enjoy being around you. It's just an added bonus you do happen to be pretty cute." Ami's cheeks dusted red, "Well you ain't so bad yourself, Joshie." They danced, Ami slowly moving in to rest her head on his chest. This was one of the few ways they ended up sharing their mornings. Sharing musicals always stirred up shenanigans and almost always ended up in some romantic interaction between the two.

Ami didn't believe all too much in fate but with how they always ended up flirting with each other or being mushy without trying, Ami was sure that they really and truly were meant to be. She smiled as the song came to an end and Josh sang along to the last little note. She twirled, leaning in and kissing him. His face went red as he kissed back, pushing her up against the bed. She laughed, falling backwards. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment before Ami broke away, "I feel like I'm in a hallmark movie."

Josh smiled, "Do I really make you feel like you're in a cheesy rom com?" Ami snorted, "A rom com with some really bad comedy." Josh faked hurt, "Well I'll have you know I'm quite the comedian!" Ami scoffed, "Tell me a joke that doesn't involve butts, flirting, or bacon." Josh frowned, "But bacon!"

Ami ran back to her hotel room to go get dressed and Josh put on a shirt. He hummed a random tune to himself as he brushed his teeth. It ended up turning into a song from Hadestown and he could help but laugh to himself that the musical had gotten stuck in his head so quickly. He changed pants and walked downstairs for breakfast. Ami was waiting for him, wearing a white button down tucked into the waist of a black skirt. She waved him over, their hotel served free breakfast, handing him a plate with what he usually would get. She smiled, biting into her biscuit, "Figured you wouldn't stray from some bacon." Josh nodded, "Bacon is my one true love."

Ami glared at him, "What about me?" Josh's eyes widened as he robotically began to speak, "Ami is my one true love." Ami smiled, "That's more like it, eh?" Josh laughed, biting into his food. They ate in a comfortable silence, not needing to talk to enjoy one another's presence.

Im being risky and updating twice in one day oooo I hope I can crank out a chapter in 3 hours