Chapter 27

CHAPTER 27

Three more days till the grand finale. All of the girls had finished lunch and Rose and I were bringing the plates to the kitchen. As soon as I put the plates down on the kitchen bench I was intercepted from behind, arms wrapping around my waist. Xavier's familiar scent washed over me as he pushed me up into a the corner.

"Go out with me," he whispered, his lips brushing against my earlobe.

"Now?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yeah I want to take you somewhere."

"Where?" Curiosity overwhelmed me.

He laughed, "It's a surprise. Wear something you can walk comfortably in then meet me at the front gates." After he left Rose came into the kitchen smirking, "Go to your lover."

"Shut up," I grumbled walking past her all the way upstairs to my bedroom. I changed into printed cotton short shorts and a white Nirvana tank singlet along with white high cut Converses. I met him at the front and he looked me up and down.

I blushed and thanked him as we made our way over to where ever he's taking me. Walking with Xavier is like walking with my best friend; not awkward at all. We talked and we didn't talk. No awkward silence or awkwardly forced conversations. And this is a first because I'm a very awkward person.

"You know, Justin and Selena aren't actually together." He said out of nowhere.

What the fudge is he on aabout.

I gave him a blank look, "Um, what?"

He laughed at me before I realised what he was talking about. I stared at him in horror, "Oh my gosh you actually watched that?!"

He just laughed at me. How lovely.

We walked past some beaches and street markets and explored the lovely city. Xavier bought me a fluro green I <3 LA sunglasses. I got him an I <3 LA necklace which was written on a beer cap on a dog tag chain.

He laced his fingers with mine and I felt warm inside.

"Look," he pointed and there in front of me was the Hollywood sign.

"Oh my gosh that is amazing!"

I was actually in front of the sign. After all those years of longing to come to California and I am here.

Hand in hand, we walked up the hill and stopped in front of it at the tourist look out place.

"Let me take a photo of you." He said, pushing me in front of him. He took one of me before I took another of him on my phone as well. There were a few tourists around and some with an Australian accent. One of them came up to us, not recognising (probably due to the fact she was nearly middle aged), "Would you like me to take a photo of both of you?"

"Yes please," I handed her my phone and we stood in front of the iconic sign.

Xavier wrapped his arm around my waist and I looked up at him to see him giving off his cheesy grin which created a dimple on the left side of his cheek.

I resisted the urge to poke it, he's so cute!

"And another one; 1, 2, 3..." Wait what? I looked to the lady and smiled as the she took our photo."

"There's a few on there," She said afterwards, handing me the phone, "You guys are so cute."

Blushing, I thanked her and looked at the photos. One was of the two of us smiling and the other was of me when I was looking up at him.

"I like that one," Xavier said as he creeps up behind my shoulder, "Can you send it to me?"

We hang around the Hollywood sign a little more, eating some hot chips from a vender, as we wait.