Day Zero: Hoseok & Namjoon

~~~

9:57am

Hoseok found himself smiling at the weather. 

He had always loved the autumn wind, for it came so boldly, touching his skin. In its coldness it made him become awake, alert. It's softness was finer then silk, smoother than water as it sung throughout the trees surrounding the small cafe. 

The wind brushed through his faded orange hair, tying in beautifully to the falling autumn leaves. Today was almost still, and Hoseok found himself absorbing the warm colours. 

"One latte for Jung Hoseok?" 

Hoseok snapped out of his trance as he was handed a steaming cup of coffee. Thanking the barista Hoseok stared down at his drink. The latte was over-priced and at first he found it bitter. It sat perfectly in a white china cup, a leaf pattern in delicate milky foam amount the pale brown. Hoseok wrapped his cold fingers around the warmth of the cup enjoying the heat that spread through his hands. 

He took another sip, still bitter, but only babies asked for chocolate syrup. 

Hoseok gently placed the cup back on the plate and rested his cheek against his palm, "Namjoon should be here any minute now." he mumbled, and as if his mind had been read, a black van rolled up next to the cafe, the click of the door signalling that someone was hopping out of the drivers door. 

"You really had to choose an outside seat... didn't you Hoseok." The tall male answered, removing his expensive sunglasses as he slicked his sliver hair back before the wind could do any damage. 

"Namjoon!" Hoseok smiled, immediately standing from the small cafe table to give his best friend a warm hug. 

"Long time no see!" Namjoon chuckled, patting his back as he released himself from the hug, taking a seat across from Hoseok as he signalled for the barista. 

"I know right!" Hoseok beamed, taking another sip of his latte. His face went sour for a split second from the bitterness of the drink before he regained his composure, "I haven't seen you since graduation!" 

"Yeah," Namjoon spoke, "I can't believe we graduated a year ago." Namjoon replied. 

The two best friends had graduated just down the road at Bighit high one year ago. They promised to stay close but responsibilities kept them apart. Hoseok had become a successful dancer, traveling across Seoul for gigs. But finally he was back in there small country town. 

Namjoon was also busy, balancing his underground rapping along with his business studies proved to be a difficult challenge. 

"Anyway," Hoseok spoke, "Do you wanna hang out at my place today? We can-"

"Hang on a minute." Namjoon said, cutting Hoseok off as he slid his hand into the side pocket of his jeans. 

His phone had been vibrating for a while now, so he knew someone was urgently trying to contact him. Grabbing the metal object, he slid his phone out of his pocket, "It's my sister." Namjoon mumbled, swiping the answer button as he brought the speaker to his ear. 

Hoseok could read people pretty easily, he found that he was very observant when it came to judging other people's emotions, and judging by Namjoon's expression right now. Something was bad. 

Namjoon's eyes and mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise, and although he was staring straight at Hoseok, he appeared to not notice him at all. 

Hoseok's eyes darted to inside the cafe as soon as he heard the shattering of tea cups. The barista had dropped a tray full of tea, but he wasn't concerned about that. No- his attention was purely on the small Television screen mounted to the wall. 

Hoseok found his hand began to tremble as his eyes trailed across the words on screen, "Zombie... apocalypse?" Hoseok turned his head back to Namjoon but before any words could leave his lips, screams filled the atmosphere. 

Before Hoseok could turn to look at the sight, Namjoon took a firm hold of his wrist as he dragged him towards the parked van. 

"HOSEOK GET IN!" 

Without questioning anything, Hoseok grabbed ahold of the sliding door, opening the back door of the van and climbing in. Namjoon lost no time in starting the engine pulling out from the curb before Hoseok could even shut the door of the van. 

Hoseok dared to look back. 

He shouldn't have, but he dared to catch a glimpse of hell. 

His face fell faster then a corpse in cement boots. His tanned skin became greyed, his mouth hung with lips slightly parted and his eyes were as wide as they could stretch. 

It was a truly ugly sight. 

Blood

Flesh 

Bone

Hoseok felt his stomach twist in a knot as he took in the sight before him. The red hues he focused on were no longer from the soft autumn leaves, but the bold stains of blood. 

But something quickly drew his attention away from the gore. 

It was a girl. 

"HELP ME- PLEASE!"

Staggering on an injured leg, the girl was pleading for her life. 

And Hoseok couldn't turn away. 

Her curly chestnut hair tangled itself in the wind, the newly forming rain mixing with the blood trickling from her forehead. Hoseok found himself unknowingly leaning out from the van, outstretched arm extended towards the petite girl. 

"GRAB ON!" Hoseok called, fear leaving him as he mustered up all his strength to lean as far out of the van as possible. But that served as a terrible idea. 

"Shit Hoseok! Don't-" Before Namjoon could finish his sentence a staggering zombie appeared in front of the van. Taking ahold of the wheel Namjoon swerved the van away from the monster. Hoseok's hand lost hold of the van as he slipped out. 

As Hoseok collided with the hard cement road he found his bones move in a way they shouldn't have, jangled. Without looking he knew that there was blood seeping from skin that seconds ago was smooth. His vision was blurred as he pushed himself to his feet again, searching for any sign of the girl with the chestnut hair. 

 They both had to fight for their own survival.

This was how they parted. 

---

{Author Note}

Next two chapters out in 2 hours: Yoongi / Jin and Taehyung.