Day Zero: Taehyung & Jin

~~~

9:25am

Class. It served of no real importance to Taehyung. Coming from a line of top notch scientists and doctors, Taehyung was already to smart for his own good. So much so that school was a bore. He guesses thats why he sought out other means of entertainment for his boredom, even if that resulted in violence. 

Sweeping his freshly died blue hair from his face, Taehyung felt his eyes unconsciously trail up to the clock situated above the teachers desk. Time flowed like cement. Only a minute had past since he last checked an hour ago, or so it seemed. 

Sitting with nothing to stare at but a wall with chipped grey paint was excruciatingly dull. It was so pointless too. Letting out a tired sigh Taehyung slipped his hand into his side pocket, pulling out his phone. Tapping once on the home button illuminated the screen in front of him. 

Taehyung's eyes widened,

32 missed calls from Dad

5 missed calls from Seokjin

2 new messages from Seokjin

Almost robotically, Taehyung's hand rises upwards and swipes on the new messages from his cousin Jin. Something was off here. His father never called him at work, neither did Seokjin. 

Messages

Jin: There's been a fire in your dads sector at the lab! GET OUT OF TOWN NOW! This is bad, the virus infected patient is loose and already causing a mess. 

Jin: I'm heading to the highway, I can't pick you up from school... the lab is between you and me. I'll meet you on highway 13.

The colour was quick to drain from Taehyung's face as he sat rigid and rooted to the spot, frozen and clammy. He felt his heart begin to pound against his chest as he realised just how horrible this situation was. 

Taehyung's father was directly recruited to help find a cure for a newly discovered disease. All infected individuals had to be isolated in the science facility down the road for safety reasons. 

You see, the virus was spread by bodily fluids, so any contacts with open wounds would easily spread the disease. Taehyung remembers his father talking openly about the disease at home. It made patients loose control of their actions. The virus would take control over the body and instruct the host body to spread the disease at all costs, usually through biting its victims. 

Taehyung's father was so close to finding a cure. 

But that was all at a loss now that the disease was out in the world. 

Taehyung glanced down at the times of the calls and sent messages. 

'If the fire broke out when my father first called me... that would have been 45 minutes ago.' 

Taehyung's stomach twisted in realisation, "fuck, Fuck, FUCK!" The science lab was a one hour walk away. If anyone infected escaped they could reach the school in a mere 15 minutes. 

With no time to spare Taehyung ran his fingers through his hair, grabbing a hold of his black hoodie as he dashed towards the classroom door. "I... I-I have to go!" Taehyung stuttered, and despite the disagreement of his teacher, he opened the door and fled into the halls. 

The cool autumn wind tormented him as it flowed in through his thin, flimsy cotton white t-shirt. Exiting the school proved to be even worse when the soft rain began soaking into his clothing. He didn't care though. He had to make it to highway 13. He had to find Jin, then he would be safe. 

But he guessed the world had other plans. 

Stoping him mid run, a hand flies out from the side of the carpark grabbing a firm hold of Taehyung's collar. The blue haired male found the wind being knocked out of him as he was slammed harshly against the brick wall behind him. 

"Skipping school again, are we?"

Shit.

Taehyung slumped his back against the old brick wall outside the school grounds, his hands held up in defeat. The flashing blue and red lights of the cop car were practically blinding him as he was forced to look at the officer standing in front of it.

"Kim Taehyung." The officer smirked, hand resting on his belt, "We meet again."

Taehyung rolled his eye's as he looked at the all to familiar officer in front of him. The male was whiter than milk, with ruffled hair matching the colour of mint ice-cream. The small strands of snapped hair showed the damage bleach had if you changed your hair colour enough. When he looked into Taehyung's eyes with a grin it told him that he wouldn't be getting away so easily this time. It's that sort of half smile that ticked up on one side.

The officer however quickly looked away, dark chocolate eyes looking down at the voice emitting from his radio. Rolling his eyes, Taehyung watched as he picks up the communication device.

"Special crimes division Min Yoongi. What seems to be the-"

"Sir we need you at the science facility now!" The voice sounded through the radio in a state of panic. Taehyung bit his lip in desperation, he had to get out of here. If things had gotten that chaotic at his dad's work already, a horde was mere minutes away. 

"What seems to be the problem?" Yoongi spoke calmly, a hint of annoyance in his tone at the demanding voice of his superior.

"Extreme outbreaks of violence, a possible investigation too. We need you t-" The voice was cut off abruptly by the sound of static noise and muffled voices. Yoongi rolled his eyes as he stuck his radio back into his belt beside his hand gun. He let out a puff as he pointed a stern finger at Taehyung.

"You get off this time." Yoongi spoke, turning on his heals as he opened the door of his car. It wasn't unusual for Yoongi to let Taehyung off the hook. 

About to slip into his car, Yoongi was caught off guard when a pair of hands grabbed him by the shoulders, "Taehyung what are y-"

"Yoongi get out of town, I'm not kidding you this time." Taehyung spoke more seriously then ever, Taehyung had to warn him, warn someone. This could be a matter of life or death, "Don't let them touch you, cover your open wounds, and don't get bit."

And just like that, Taehyung slipped out of Yoongi's grasp, back towards his car at the back corner of the carpark. 

There was no time to loose, none. 

Taehyung rounded the corner, car coming into full view. But before he could reach his car, something else reached him.

A string of curses unraveled from his tongue like yarn unfurling as a walking corpse jumped out from a nearby car. Every step it took rattled his bones and struck his heart. Taehyung tired to dodge the sudden surprise but it grabbed ahold of his forearm and he tumbled into the cement. He couldn't hear anymore, all he could do was feel. Feel the cold ground pressed against his form, the heat from the pain. But he refused to go down without a fight. 

Taehyung roundhouse kicked the zombie in the stomach giving him an opportunity to escape his clutches. Quickly slipping a hand into his pocket, Taehyung pulled out a spare pocket knife twisting it in the daylight. Though rust had settled in on the handle and blade, it was strong and jagged - more then enough. 

"MOTHERFUCKER!" 

And without second thought, the knife met flesh. Soft and pudgy, the blade sank deep enough to make any victim scream. Taehyung found himself twisting the blade in his hands, all the while sinking it deeper and deeper into the zombie's head. And without warning, the corpse dropped dead. 

Wiping off his busted lip, Taehyung couldn't help but stare dejectedly at the corpse at his feet, 

"We're all screwed"

---

{Author Note}

Chapter One out Tomorrow.