Chapter 3

Sidney

It was a little after one in the afternoon when I pulled up to the cottage, and really the pictures I'd seen online didn't do it justice, it truly was THAT gorgeous. A girl who looked to be in her mid twenties came rushing out on the porch as I climbed out of the car and let my pets inspect the new outside surroundings off leash. "Oh, great you're here! My name is Maria Gordon, so let's show you around shall we!" In my opinion she seemed a bit too eager to get rid of the place but I did my best to seem enthusiastic and nice, because right now I didn't care what shape the place was in, I wanted it. 

She gave me a tour of the kitchen and living room downstairs first, I really loved how wide open everything was. "Now the furniture is included in the price since it was here when we bought the place, but you could always sell it if you wanted to." Maria rambled out quickly. I was surprised to learn that everything came furnished with the kitchen appliances already running, and from what I could tell in decent shape. I liked the large black leather couch sitting in the living room, in front of the small flat screen tv as well. The place seemed way too good to be true but I was standing right in the middle of it all, so it obviously wasn't my imagination. 

"Now follow me, the bedrooms are upstairs." Maria was a lot louder than I liked and the almost order annoyed my already tense wolf, but the human girl didn't know any better so I let it slide. I followed her up to the second level where the two bedrooms and the bathroom were located. The master bedroom had a queen sized bed and small dresser, plus it's perfect little closet off to the side. The connected master bathroom was the perfect size, a tiled floor with a shower and a tub which suited me fine. The second smaller bedroom was more of an office and had a large oak wood desk against the wall and nothing else.

 I honestly hadn't found any problems with the place and I had been on the lookout with such a low cost and the previous owners obvious eagerness to sell it. "The place looks nice, but I am a bit curious why it's so cheap?" I raised my tone to not allow for argument, cutting Maria off from her rambling. "Well it's a silly local rumor that the place is uninhabitable. It's not haunted or anything like that, some people just say it's cursed to be owned by the beasts of the forests." She murmured with a wave but I heard everything loud and clear. "They just don't like the wildlife is all, there's a lot of it around here." Maria rushed when I gave her a questioning look. 

"Wildlife doesn't really bother me, I'm a nature kind of girl, plus my dogs tend to scare most things away." I smiled encouragement towards her, plus I was terrifying in my own right. "I don't see anything wrong with it so how about we look over the paper work a bit, I've got cash on me if that's alright?" I hummed out. "Oh thank the Lord, yes! The house is yours, let's get those papers signed!" Maria grinned as we settled down to make my new home legally mine, and I handed over the three thousand she was asking for the place. Once everything was signed and legal little loud Maria high tailed it out to her car and drove off without ever looking back. I watched her until she was out of sight and then sagged in relief, finally alone with my pets. 

I quickly grabbed my bags from the car and got everything settled inside, Sassy went straight to work claiming part of the couch while my pups inspected the rest of the house. I set my laptop up in the little office upstairs and sent a text to Zach about if we could meet up later today, before we set a place for 4 o'clock. I set the phone down on my new kitchen counter as I looked to my front door, the wolf stirring eagerly under my skin as I smiled to myself. "Well boys, what do you say we go for a run?" I called as Tyson and Ollie rushed to meet me at the door. I stripped out of my clothes and stepped outside onto the porch with the dogs before letting the shift ripple over me.