Chapter 46

Blayze later explains to me that he was in the bathroom with diarrhea. He ate the mysterious meaty appetizer and it made his stomach upset. When he got out it was two minutes before New Years and he was frantically looking for me until Nick's mom told him where I was. I'm currently driving us back to the house since Blayze drank and he apologized for not taking my concerns into consideration. I'm absolutely exhausted and I start feeling the comfort of the bed. The moment we arrive home. We brush our teeth, wash our faces, and pass out on the bed.

__________________

"Oh my gosh! This looks so good Melody." I compliment her sincerely. We are currently at Damon's house in my home state Georgia. Maddie and Damon wanted to raise their children in, surprisingly, Damon's home state. Damon was born in Georgia but moved to New York when his father decided to move his main headquarters to New York City. We are setting up for the gender reveal/baby shower for Maddie. Damon is currently on a date with her and Kaison and they won't be back until everyone arrives. We have one hour left to finish setting everything up before the guest arrives. We are using confetti canons and the color of the confetti is the gender of the baby. Either blue or pink and we're all excited. Blayze is currently playing with the kids on the swing set that Damon recently installed for Kaison and the new baby. They already have baby names for a boy or a girl but they won't tell us because they said we'll make fun of them.  We have a huge tent outside and heaters displayed all over the backyard to keep everyone warm. The house is absolutely stunning and I'm envious of the beauty surrounding their home. It's a rustic contemporary lake house with a gorgeous lake half a mile away. It isn't as big as their home back in New York City or as big as Blayze's home but it's a decent size to raise a family in. They have a lot of lands where the kids can run and play. If they wanted to they could start a farming business with all this land that they now own.

The inside of the home and outside is spacious and has a gourmet kitchen, game room, gym, and movie theater. When you enter, you are greeted by bright lights and a gorgeous view of the yard and lake. The windows are floor to ceiling windows and the sun shines into the room giving the home a cozy warm effect. The entryway is amazing as well. When you walk up to the large wooden door which is accented with glass, you walk on stone steps that lead up to the formal entryway of the home.

Soon the guest starts arriving and I greet everyone and direct them to the gift table and the confetti canons outside. Everyone knows gender except for Damon, Kaison, and Maddie. Damon being dark skin and Maddie being light skin puts their kids in the biracial kid's group. Kaison is going to be handsome when he gets older for sure and this new baby is going to get a lot of amazed and lustful looks from people too. "Suzette Genesis is able to stand on her own now. Look," Blayze points to Genesis who is standing next to a chair without holding onto anything.

"Genesis, can you walk over here to me?" Blayze asks her and reaches his arms out and I wave her over. Then it happens, she moves one leg after the other. I feel my eyes water as she slowly but perfectly moves her chubby legs and walks all on her own. "That's it, Genesis. Good girl. Walk to Suzette and me." Blayze encourages her. People are now looking at us as Genesis walks to us in the grass. She reaches me and falls into my arms and I let out a laugh as tears stream down my eyes. "Oh my God, you walked!" I laugh and Blayze hugs me and kisses my cheek while people clap around us. After getting Genesis to walk a couple more times for Tyson we get a text from Damon that they are on their way back to the house.

"Okay everyone they are on their way. Get into position." I instruct everyone and people start to line up in preparation for their arrival. Five minutes later Damon, Maddie, and Kaison enter the backyard and they walk towards the middle of the lawn. "Are you ready to find out the gender?" Ask Melody.

"Yes!" They shout back and Theia starts to countdown.

"1, 2, 3!"

On three we release the pink confetti. "It's a girl!" Maddie screams as she jumps into Damon's arms. Kaison smiles in delight at the pink confetti flying around them. The photographer and videographer capture their special moment and I let one tear escape my eye. We soon escort them inside to a tent and reveal the decorative tables with pink decorations. Melody really went all out and Maddie is currently whipping her tears away.