chapter 24

san wooyoung

"dude, you're in so much shit." the older replied in response to the rant he had been unable to tell anyone else for what felt like forever.

the two were lounging on wooyoung's bed in his dorm room, hongjoong having shown up a little earlier.

his old friend had shown up with the intention of supplying him with his usual, but wooyoung was not in the mood. which was a first, another surprising perk of having san.

his attention had diverted to his boyfriend, and instead of being burnt from the inside out with the terrifying addiction he knew so well, he had found himself addicted to something else.

the only other thing that he couldn't live with out, that tore him up with want, that he couldn't get enough of. something more addicting than the drugs. the other thing keeping him going, keeping him smiling.

san.

he smiled just thinking of his boyfriend's name.

"hello? earth to wooyoung?" hongjoong interrupted his busy thoughts, causing him to look up in surprise.

"were you saying something?" he questioned innocently, the other just rolling his eyes to the ceiling, questioning, why is he like this?

"don't even worry about it." hongjoong sighed, taking a long smoke of the death-stick between his lips.

wooyoung wrinkled his nose distastefully, going up to open a window.  "i somehow doubt you should be smoking that inside."

"hm, yeah, oh well." hongjoong hummed with a familiar lop-sided grin dismissively.

"anyway. when do i get to meet this boyfriend of yours? surprised someone else finally took the deep dive into your heart."

"he's different." a dreamy look lulled his features. "he's... everything."

"yeah, yeah. that's what they all say in the honeymoon stage." hongjoong chided.

wooyoung was about to say something more, but as soon as he opened his mouth, the door slammed open, the sudden sound resonating throughout the hallway and disrupting the previously lazy atmosphere of a warm sunday.

the open stripe cast by the doorway into the unlit room revealed none other than san, his trembling figure blocking out the light that should've shon into the room if not for his unmoving stance.

the raven haired male stared at the two of them, taking in the scene with bright eyes. it was obvious he was trying not to cry, and his crumpled face broke wooyoung's heart in two.

"san?" he questioned in alarm, immediately on his feet and in front of the distressed other.

his boyfriend took a deep, shaky breath before flashing his eyes at wooyoung, jaw clenched as he overcame his emotions.

"are you on drugs?" his voice was flat. it was just a question, but so unexpected wooyoung blinked a few times, lost for words.

"why..?" he began in confusion, head turned to the side. "not right now?"

"so is it true?" san asked icily, his voice having lost all the softness it had contained only this morning.

"is what true? i don't see how this is a big deal-" wooyoung spluttered, glancing at hongjoong in distress.

following his gaze, san's expression hardened, and he marched up to the older and stood with his arms crossed, tapping his foot on the carpet anxiously. "i don't care who you are, but you need to throw that disgusting cigarette away or take it out our room."