Chapter Ten - I Don't Know Him

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

I lie because I can't face the truth.

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

I FRANTICALLY BRUSH through my blonde hair whilst I stare at myself in the mirror. I had got way too carried away with studying, the time had completely slipped by me.

Kayden was going to be here any second. I repeat, any second.

I throw my belongings around the room in attempt to make it look somewhat tidy. I can never keep my room clean for longer than five seconds. It is beyond frustrating.

Throwing on some ripped mom jeans and an oversized black top that I tuck into the hem. Grabbing the nearest perfume I can find, I spritz the fruity fragrance all over me.

Then I rush over to my window to open it, I didn't want him to think he had walked in to the perfume shop. Just as I lean over my bed to push open my window, I hear a sturdy knock at my door.

My head instantly snaps to the sound and I stand away from my bed.  I could feel my heart beat in my throat.

Taking in a deep breathe. "Calm yourself," I whisper as I walk towards the door.

My fingers graze the handle, swinging the door open. The first thing that I always notice about him is that Goddamn gorgeous smile. It was blinding. His teeth perfectly white and straight.

And those fucking dimples. I will never get bored of seeing them.

"Hi," he breathes out. His bright grin doesn't leave his face once as his eyes settle on mine.

"Hi," I say eventually. I have to squeeze my hand into a fist, I was so nervous my body began to shake.

Why was I so nervous?

We have had sex.

He has seen me naked.

And I'm nervous to just chill and spend time with him? Man, I needed to get a grip.

He quirks an eyebrow at me and leans onto the door hinge. His tongue drags across his bottom lip slowly. "This isn't a booty call, is it?"

A small laugh escapes my lips. I move out the way of the door so that he can come in. "No, it's called a dick appointment."

His eyes study me but I notice a small smirk on his lips. Stepping into my room he begins to shake his head at my words.

"I'm joking," I say first as I shut the door behind him. "I haven't invited you round for sex, I've invited you round to hang out." I clarify.

He turns to me, his brown eyes full of amusement. "I know Kayleigh,"

Kayden's eyes then begin to study my room, taking his time to take in the surroundings. I watch as he walks towards my desk that has fairy lights and pictures hung up on the wall.

"Cute room," he comments as his eyes observe my pictures.

I stand there and hold my hands together. "Thanks," I reply.