s. rogers

you and steve had been best friends since the day you started preschool, you had seen him getting picked on by two larger boys so you stood up for him. you would always sacrifice things for steve he was like your little brother.
so when steve enlisted you of course dropped everything, including your university position, to join him.
the army was good to you, not at the start you, being a women and all but as you started to prove to the general that you were stronger than the rest of these men or should I say boys. you were respected.

you were there for steve during the experiment.
you were there for him when he needed help on the front line.
you were there for him when bucky needed saving.

that was until...

your battalions camp was bombed, everything destroyed, everyone destroyed. including you.
you lay weak on the dirty ground, you lifted your head to see blood pooling around where you leg should've been. your head slammed against the ground and all you could hear was the frantic shouts of the howling commandos and their heavy footsteps.

steve stood in the museum, staring at your memorial.
"y/n l/n, captain rogers best friend since the day she witnessed him getting bullied in the playground.  lieutenant   l/n had been by rogers side ever since, protecting him at all costs and he of course returned that favour. until he couldn't, y/n l/n was killed in her own battalions camp after being bombed by the german defences.
captain rogers recovered her body"

steve looked up sadly, his eyes watering as they laid on the beautiful picture of you in your uniform. holding your hat to your heart and on your wrist, the bracelet steve and bucky had bought you on your 13th birthday.