Sick Days

The most dreadful thought has come to surface after a whole month and a week;

the trio getting sick.

It started with Madison who had a simple cough, Severus wanted to use a pepper-up on Madison to be on the safe side, but you scolded him for thinking to use a pepper-up on him when he's just a baby. You took care of him that whole day, keeping him away from the other two, but you ended up getting sick from him too while the other two got sick on their own. So it was up to Severus to take care of his three children and his wife. Luckily, he got some help from Hagrid who was going to babysit and house-sit while you and Severus went out for a week due to needing to work for The Order.

"Thank you Hagrid for helping me with the children and with (F/n)," Severus spoke calmly and lowly after putting Beatrice in her own crib away from the other two who had their own crib. "Well no problem Sev!" Hagrid exclaimed happily and jolly while Severus sighed at his nickname being used. "You watch the kids while I tend to (F/n). And please, don't wake them up otherwise they're going to cry due to not being right next to each other," he warned before leaving the room to check on his wife, leaving the big friendly half giant in the room. Hagrid never really got to see the kids so this was his chance. He went over to Eden and smiled. "Ain't ya a cutie," Hagrid spoke as Eden coughed a bit while starting to cry. Hagrid gingerly picked up Eden and comforted him while Eden while patting his back softly.

"There, there. Yer gonna be okay," Hagrid spoke softly as Eden started to calm down. Hagrid placed Eden back in his crib before going to check on Madison. Madison wasn't moving, but was breathing, he had a runny nose and was sweating. Hagrid grabbed a towel and wiped the sweat before grabbing a tissue and wiping away the snot. Madison stirred a bit before staring to open his eyes. Hagrid was stunned since he was told that Madison has never once opened his eyes, he simply followed behind his siblings and sometimes bumped into a few things that were luckily soft and had excellent hearing.

Hagird gently picked up Madison and looked him in the face. "Are ya gonna open yer eyes?" Hagrid asked the child who whined before opening his eyes slightly. Hagrid's eyes sparkled as he smiled a bit to be greeted by a pair of pure white eyes. Hagrid spoke softly, "'Ello there, Maddie." Madison tilted his head slightly before being held close to Hagrid's chest. Madison couldn't see a thing. All it was was blurs. Madison felt Hagrid's beard and leaned into it, cooing softly by enjoying the feel of it. Hagrid smiled before going to check on Beatrice while holding Madison close to his chest. Beatrice was sleeping, a cool wet towel over her head while she was covered in her blanket.

Hagrid sat down in a chair and sighed before tickling Madison a bit causing the small child to laugh a bit. Meanwhile, Severus was tending to his wife by trying to force her to take a pepper-up which she refused, again. Severus sighed before going to force her to take it, but was stopped when he heard a giggle from the nursery. He got up and placed the pepper-up down before heading to check on Hagrid. When he got there, he was Hagrid rocking Madison back and forth softly while Madison's eyes were open, looking at Hagrid. Severus walked over and looked at his son. "H-he... he opened his eyes?" Severus asked as Hagrid replied back, "Yep! Lil' feller wanted to see his god-pa!" Hagrid exclaimed happily as Severus felt a bit bad that his own son wanted to see Hagrid and not him.

Not only was it the day the kids got sick, but it was also the day Madison opened his eyes to the world so they can all see... but he couldn't see them clearly.