prologue

Earth was a piece of crap.

It hadn't always been that way of course, life on that little blue planet had been peaceful for most.

That was before. Before the year of 2021 when the wars started.

Over 90% of the world's population was destroyed, most of those killed being men.

Country after country turned on each other, economies crashed, governments ceased to exist, technology and electricity evaporated, sickness and disease ran wild.

Eventually the wars stopped, but the damage was already done.

Nobody really knew how it all started, communication and news didn't spread very well after everything had changed.

Some would say it was the Germans, others declared it had to be North Korea, but most assumed it was America.

Since the wars were fought by men, they ended with few being alive. Most earthlings were female now, and rarely did you spot a male among them.

Normal life, as most people knew it, was over. A new era had begun, an era of survival.

Survival was all that mattered.

There were so few people left alive. Some tried to avoid others, some formed groups.

     Now that there were no laws, no rules, people would murder each other for simple things.

Weapons. Food. Even a pair of shoes.

It was anarchy at its finest. Many just fought to stay alive another day.

There wasn't much hope left. Without enough males to repopulate the planet, the countless females were left to continue on without them.

     They were tough, but the future was full of terrors.

Little did they know, the key to the future of humanity wasn't on earth, but came from the stars.