Chapter 21

Liana

"What have you been doing these days?" Kingsley asked.

"Just doing some drawings?" I said not wanting to bore him with my work.

"That's pretty interesting. I was about to get away from today's date! My grandma threatened me." He said and I gasped.

"You were about to ditch me?"

"I was about to, I am glad I did not." And he smiled at me. A year from now, the last time we met? I wouldn't have believe that this dude will be sitting with me and cracking jokes with me because he seemed too dangerous and scary to be around. I can see his tattoos underneath his white button shirt and I wonder how many does he have.

"I believe we will meet again?" He tells me as we were walking out from the restaurant.

"Definitely." I give a small smile and while getting distracted talking to him, I bumped into someone and we apologize at the same time. Just in time to meet Oliver. His eyes widened and so did mine.

"Hey." He said clearly surprised by our sudden encounter.

"Hi." I said with equally cool manner. His girlfriend, Megan- Yes! They are officially dating and I found out from the blogs, it's obvious that it was bound to happen was giving me a fake smile and put her hand on Oliver's arm, clearly stating her claim.

I was no more the naive and weak girl that I was before and I just smiled at them. "It was nice meeting you guys, again." I said dealing it like a real adult and then looked at Kingsley who was towering behind me protectively.

"Who is this?" Oliver asked looking at Kingsley.

"Kingsley." I introduced. "Oliver."

"Who are you?" Megan asked curiously.

"Her date." Kingsley said and put his arm on my shoulder. "Have fun." He waved them goodbye and pull me out along with him.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"What was what?" He asked.

"The rush?"

"Just like that." He said smiling at me. "When is our next date?"

I laughed and said, "we shall see?" I teased him.

"Anytime soon?" He asked hopeful and I shrugged and laughed when he tickled me.

So far from the date, I learnt that he studied engineering. He is the only son and lives with his grandparents.

I went to my parked car and Kingsley called out my name and I turned around.

"Here." He said huffing, after a small run and handed me a note.

"What is this?" I asked.

"We never exchanged numbers."

I smiled at him and took the note. "I will send you my number later." I assured him. "Good night Kingsley." I tell him.

"Night Liana." He said and smiled at me. I got inside my Mercedes AMG GT Coupes and waved him good-bye before leaving.

"How was date?" Mia asked curiously as soon as I stepped into the apartment. I smiled and she teased.

"I see you enjoyed it."

I laughed and shake my head, I took off my white formal dress and my earrings and took off the bobby pins from my hair while Mia chased around me for details.

"Will you contact him again?" She asked me and I put my hand on my chin, in a thoughtful manner and she looked at me with anticipation.

"Maybe." I teased her and she rolled her eyes at me and I laughed.

Mia is completing her degree program here and Grayson was actually devastated with her sudden change in the plan, but none the less supported her. I believe he is in love with her, which she claims that I am hallucinating.

I opened my emails and I sighed at the hundreds of mail related to work and smiled at the mail from fans. It makes my day reading fans mails and their support for me even though they don't know who I am as a person. George, made it a priority to hide my identity as part of the contract and they have been sticking to it since. They never force me for any signing programs, but I do sign comics of my own and that give the company some profits for their loyalty with me.

My mind shifted to Oliver and wondered how he cope up with our break-up. I did see a post about him, the next day about him with Megan near his apartment at that time and Megan was supporting Oliver. They are the powerful couples at the moment with both being rich and maintaining a high-profile relationship. Their each movements was caught by cameras. They openly show public affection and at times more than that. It did hurt in the beginning, but I was the one who let us go and I don't know if it was the right decision with me being still a little miserable, but he seemed happier.