Loki Laufeyson-True Stranger Pt. 2

FOR SALE

FOR SALE.

You hated having to put it up, propping it against the pile of books in the window display with a heavy heart. Etta was even more distressed about having to give up the bookstore and you took it upon yourself to keep the old woman in bright spirits as best you could. You moved to box up the books behind the counter when a pair of arms wrapped around your waist, making you yelp in surprise.

"Hello, my love." Loki said as you turned to look at him. He was gazing down at you with a joyful gleam in his eye and the smile he knew could make your knees grow weak. It had taken some time, but after a few months of getting to know him and who he truly was, he had finally asked you out on a date. You didn't know who was more nervous for it-you or him. Admittedly, you had to get over the shock of learning that he was an Asgardian god, he lived with the Avengers as a charge of exile and he had tried to take over New York with an army of aliens that had destroyed half of the city.

You said yes, anyways.

If he hadn't told you any of those things, if you didn't know what he was actually capable of, you'd have thought he was a normal human being that was genuinely enthralled by books and had a personality that could charm the socks off of anyone. He won over Etta the very next day he visited you and it took most people weeks to get in the good graces of that old woman. When you first moved to the city, it had taken you two.

For that, you loved him even more.

Loki was soft spoken with gracious manners—a quality that trumped most men in New York—and you admired how much of a gentleman he was with you. Truth be told, he was a man after your own heart.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were going out with your brother." You asked, kissing his cheek and pulling away to move around the counter. He groaned in protest and leaned against the beam of wood.

"Am I not allowed to see my fair lady when I wish?"

"Not when you have things to be doing with the others."

"Darling, I could honestly care less about my brother when I'm in the company of someone far more attractive."

He gave you a little smirk that made you roll your eyes as you hauled a box onto your stool and began to carefully pack in some books.

"I'm sorry, but don't you usually take those out and sort them upon the shelves?"

You sighed, a sound with sad undertones that made him jump to attention.

"The bookstore is closing down. We can't afford to keep it anymore." You explained sadly.

Loki could see how much this was hurting you as you turned back to the box. He didn't like the thought of you hurting at all. He knew how much the little store meant to you and the old woman. It also held a special place is his own heart as it was the place he had met you. A shining star that had fallen from the heavens and swept him completely off of his feet. He had been intrigued the moment you'd begun to explain the book you'd been reading. Your face had lit up with such happiness, an aura of passion that deeply affected him and after spending the night with you wandering the city, Loki wanted you in a way he'd never wanted someone before.