028 || preparations

•••

•••

"So you're telling me you came all the way back to NYC just to ask me to be your maid of honour?" Dalia asked breathlessly.
She had just finished a half hour freak-out, mostly alternating between screaming and crying, not to forget hitting me (very lightly) with a pillow.
"Yes I did. Clint's asking Nat to be his best man - woman. His best woman" I said, correcting myself.

A few days after Clint proposed we had started planning the wedding, hoping that we could tie the knot before the baby arrived.
When the issue of maid of honour came up, I had told Clint of the pact Dalia and I had made when we were children : the three sacred rules.
1) don't go after the same boy
2) be each-other's maid of honour
3) be friends forever, no matter what
Clint has understood this (after a few minutes of teasing) and brought up Nat's involvement. As we had decided to do a really small wedding, due to the fact that hardly anyone in our lives knew the other half existed, we decided to say fuck it to all the normal protocols and ask Nat to be Clint's best woman.
"She'd look sexy in a suit" I had said, winking as I nudged Clint's side teasingly.

"Of course I will you absolute numpty" Dalia grinned, pulling me in to a tight hug, her tears hitting my back.
"Thank god - we're kind of getting married next month so let's go shopping!"

•••

"just come out and show me already!" Dalia sighed, getting impatient.
"But I look fat" I whined, checking my reflection in the mirror.
"Well of course you will - you're bloody pregnant!"
"Fuck you"
I stepped out of the changing room, wearing the fifth dress I had tried.
"No" Dalia said "that does nothing for your figure"
"Thanks Lia. Love the honesty" I rolled my eyes, turning around to try on another.

This process had taken far longer than I had thought. Even though we were doing an extremely small wedding, there was still a shit ton of choices.
The one I had had the most trouble with was definitely picking the wedding dress. Every one seemed to have issues, and the added factor of being pregnant didn't help one bit.

I let out an impatient huff as I wrestled the previous dress off, reaching for the last one on the hanger.
With another round of struggling, I managed to slip the dress over my body, the silky fabric feeling soothing on my skin.
I checked the mirror and was surprised to see that I didn't hate the dress. A small smile on my face, I walked out so Dalia could see.
She looked up from her phone and gasped when she saw me.
"THAT ONE!" She squealed loudly, leaping on me and giving me a massive hug.
"Really?" I asked, happy she agreed with me.
"Yes! Oh my god" Dalia cried, twirling me around so she could have a look at the sides.
We were silent for a few minutes, tears free-flowing as we hugged and marvelled at the dress.
"Clint's going to pass out" Dalia whispered, making me giggle.

•••

"Just pretend the water is vodka. You're bloody pregnancy is ruining the moment" she sighed jokingly, pulling a fake sad face at me as she dragged me on to the dance floor.
"You suck"

Dalia had decided to throw me a bachelorette party with all my old friends that lived in the area (they didn't know it was for a wedding) in the club that we always used to go to.
When I arrived the shock was obvious. I had a 6 month baby bump by this time, and it had gotten so big that there was no point trying to hide it.
After a round of congratulations, and some very confused questions, the party kicked off, music blaring, and no one seemed to care anymore.

I had very quickly become upset when I realised that I was surrounded by people who were getting drunk, yet I had to stay sober, hence the groaning.

"Don't get mad at me - you're the one who couldn't keep it in your pants"
"But have you seen Clint"
"Fair point"

I started to get tired after a few minutes on the dance floor, so I decided to retreat to the corner of the bar, pulling out my phone and texting Clint.

How's the party going?

Fucking crazy. Might be drunk

Where did Nat take you?

Bar by SHEILD. She invited all
of the agents that we don't hate.
This shit is crazy 

Sounds it 😂 how many are there?
I thought Nat hated everyone

Oh she does. These are people I like.
And before you ask no Fury is not here

They're shouting at me to get off
my phone now. We'll talk later

Okay. Have
fun and be safe x

You too

I love you

I love you too
Read 10.57pm