Chapter 23

Liana

I scowled at Oliver who was towering behind Dylan. Dylan was couple inches shorter than Oliver making it easier for Oliver to see.

"I was helpless." Dylan muttered and Oliver stepped into my office. The space that have been hiding me from the world for a while.

"I should have known." Oliver said. "Can you step out for sometime." It was a statement and not a request.

"Be nice, he is my boss." I scoffed at Oliver and Oliver sighed and looked at Dylan.

"Please." He added.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped at him once Dylan left us alone.

"Why did you never told me that you are Leanna Jameson?" He said so softly that I almost believed that he was talking to himself.

"Because we never got a chance to talk about it." I said.

"Because you keep running away." He snapped back.

"Why are you here now?" I asked folding my arms together and glaring at him.

"How are you doing?" His tone soften and so did his facial expression and my heart soften and I sighed.

"Been good. You?" I questioned.

He just nodded his head. "It's so nice to see you." He said. "You moved out from your previous apartment."

"Yea." I said looking away. "Why are you here?" I asked again.

"You moved on?" He questioned and I raised my eye-brow at him.

"You did so why can't I?" I asked astonished by his question and he shake his head.

"You are mine." He said stepping towards me and I raised my hand to stop him from coming any closer to me.

"We are passed this." I tell him. "I belong to myself."

"I couldn't find anything about you? I wondered what happened? It was like one moment you were so easy to look for and the next your data and movement was lost."

"Are you telling me you were stalking me?"

"Not stalking, I just wanted to check on you."

"Sure." I said rolling my eyes.

"You are more sassy now." He smiled at me.

"Sure." I said.

"Can we try again?" He asked and I laughed.

"Are you out of your mind?"

"I think so? Since you left me I have been roaming like a mad man."

"Are you even sure? You seem to be fitting well with your girlfriend in social events."

He winced at that and said, "I can explain."

"There is nothing to explain. You have a girlfriend, it is not fair for her and not fair for either of us. I am moving on and you are coming back now? What were you doing year back?"

"Don't put this on me!" He said. "You were the one who ended our relationship."

"Because you didn't understand how I felt and I was hurt."

"That's why I said communication is important." He said and I scowled at him.

"Sure. How would you like to communicate when you were intoxicated?"

"I just had few drinks!"

"We will never be able to work out." I said. "We argue more than working on our relationship."

"That's because we are bad at communicating." He said.

"It doesn't matter anymore, you have a girlfriend and I - I think I am ready to move on." I said looking at the flowers right in front of me and his eyes moved towards the huge bouquet with at least 30 roses and he came forward and took the bouquet and threw it on the ground, surprising me.

"Get out!" I snapped at him. "How dare you!"

"You are not seeing that guy." He stated. I pressed the button on the phone and Hailey picked up.

"Tell Mr. Ross that Mr. Oliver Lee is ready to head out." I said looking straight at Oliver.

"Okay." Hailey said and the phone turned silent.

"Megan and I , we are not in a relationship." Oliver whispered. "I am with her to secure her career. She was having trouble getting any job offers and she asked me to help her by taking those pictures."

"Publicity stunts." I muttered shaking my head in disappointment. "That does not change anything and the fact that I am seeing someone else too."

There was a knock and Dylan entered nervously. "I heard you are ready to leave." He tells Oliver and Oliver shake his head.

"I am picking you up later this evening." He said and no this is not him asking or telling me, he was stating it.

"We are not." I tell him. "I have a car and I drive myself around."

He smiled, "You are so sassy now."

"You already said that!" I tell him.

"See you at 5 Liana, and this time you are not running away." And he turned and walked out of them room leaving a speechless and confused Dylan. I shake my head in an attempt to tell him that I don't want to have any conversation about this and he walked out and I sighed.

My heart was beating faster than before and made me feel like I am stupid for feeling this way when I should not be. We are over, for good. I repeated that to myself and sighed. I have works to complete and this is not the right time to be thinking of relationship problems and so I drown myself with work.

The meeting after lunch was the first meeting and I shared the script with the team and shared about the Author's preference in style and how she prefer her cover to be. We booked an appointment with the Author end of next week to show her our ideas.