2

"Normal Speech"
'Thoughts'

   "Now, as for who I am, I am, what you humans would call... Death." Harry could only blink at that statement.

"Whoa whoa whoa, like, the Death?? Like from the story? 'Deadly Halloween' or something like that?"

"It's 'Deathly Hallows,' but yeah. I am the Death." He smirked at Harry, amused by the human who was his Master.

'I should probably tell him about that bit...' thought Death to himself.

"As for your other questions, you are in a place called the Inbetween, a place that's, well, in between the realm of the living and the realm of the dead. You are here, because you are my master, the master of all of my Deathly Hallows." Death stopped to see if Harry had any questions so far, but seeing as the teenager was waiting for him to continue, he did.

"You believed that the reason you couldn't die naturally was because you killed Voldemort and the prophecy stated 'either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives' and yada yada yada. That, however, is incorrect. There wasn't even a prophecy to begin with, Dumbles just made it up!"

Harry needed a moment to process this. Listening to Death, Harry could tell he was angry at Dumbledore, but there seemed to be more behind that anger then just a made up prophecy...

'Just what in Merlin's name did Dumbledore do to invoke Death?!'

As if reading his mind, which was actually quite possible as he didn't have his barriers up, Death answered his question.

"He did much more then just make up a prophecy, Harry. He used you, he lied to you, he blocked your magic and inheritances for crying out loud! He stole from you, too! Him, the Weasley's, that Granger girl, all of them! All lying basterds who only wanted your money and fame."

By the end of this rant, Death was pacing and screaming with rage. Harry was just wondering if all that he said was true. Because if it was, then everything he knew and had... was a lie.

Death wasn't finished yet though. "He put you in the Dursley's home, knowing you would be beaten into submission. Knowing that you would do anything for aproval. He put compulsions, Imperious, love potions, hate potions, loyal potions, glamors, blocks on your magic, your memories, your inheritances, your vaults, your parents and godparents wills, everything..."

Death was telling Harry this through clenched teeth, and towards the end he sounded... sad. Like he couldn't bare being the one to tell him all of this. In the inbetween no less...

"Can you remove the everything he's put on me? I'd like to set my magic free before I go to hell." Harry asked, and Death actually scoffed at him.

"Yes, I can remove everything. But you aren't leaving here quite yet. You need to hear my offer first." Death smirked, and before Harry could ask what he meant by that, Death waved his hand and Harry felt a searing pain, worse then the crutio curse times 20, and he blacked out.