Chapter 24

Liana

Dylan showed up to my office at around 3:30 ish looking nervous, which is so unlike him.

"Tell me about it." I said dropping everything and looking at him.

"Not that I should be interfering in your private life, but I suggest you go home at 4?" He said and I give him a quizzical look.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You seemed uncomfortable when he mentioned about picking you up" he said and I give a small smile and teased him.

"Are you worried about me?"

"I am always worried about you." He said rolling his eyes at me. "Em, will kill me if she finds out about this and I didn't do anything about it."

Emilia is George's wife, in the shortest time that I have known them they have become part of my family and they made sure I was comfortable no matter what, at times I feel there is a conflict of interest, but George said he is the CEO and sometime he can bend the rules depending on the situation for safety reason.

"That will be a little too much." I tell him honestly. "I think I will be fine."

"It's an order, Liana." He said. "It's Friday, go ahead and go home early before that dude shows up."

"If he doesn't get what he wants, he will come later."

He sighed, "He was barging to this area after leaving my office and asking the new intern. The new intern was not informed about the way we function. I am sorry." He apologized and my heart warmed.

"It's not your fault." I assured him. "He would have found out any way."

"Just go home early today and I will see you on Monday." He said and turned and walked out.

"George." I called out and he turned back quickly before opening the door. "thanks!"

He winked and left the room and I sighed. This should be exciting. I left exactly at four. My hours differentiate always, either I leave the office super late or super early. Sometime we conduct some workshops and I am the one representing or doing something or I am always in the office. It's been crazy since I joined a year back. George stumbled upon my work online and that is how I ended up here finally.

I texted in the group that Mia created that I got off from work early and will be heading to the supermarket just down the street to buy some things for tonight and asked if anyone wanted anything.

"I thought it was Night out!" Stacy texted.

"Night in." Caitlin texted back. "Last week was Night in."

I laughed, Stacy is the one who always wanted to go out on Friday night, we have this thing where one Friday we have Night In and the next week is Night out and that is the best way to keep the group satisfied.

I was walking towards the revolver door of the huge building when someone stopped me. Two guys in black suit and I raised one of my eye brow at them.

One of them muttered something to his Bluetooth while the other one apologized and said that Oliver will be coming and I groaned.

"Is this even legal?" I questioned them. "You following me without my permission!"

"We are just doing our job." The one who just spoke something in the Bluetooth and I just shake my head and walked away. I tried, but they blocked my way.

"You do know that you are currently in my workplace and you are creating a scene and I can call the security on you guys and trust me, it is Friday night and you and I don't want to go to the police." I said and they looked at each other and then sighed before allowing me to exit.

My car was at the entrance, I called the security when I was in my office that I was coming down and to get my car ready which is convenient.

"Thanks Blake, See you Monday!" I tell the man who work in the security.

"Bye Li." He waved good-bye. I entered my car and looked at the mirror of the car to see the two men getting on the car behind me and I rolled my eyes. I stepped on the gas and exited the office.

I am not sure if Oliver know where I am living? I assume he doesn't as George made sure that my identity was hidden from the world. I changed my number and I made sure that no one is able to track my phone to know my whereabouts - especially him.

I took them to the highway and speed up trying to lose them and part ways with them and get back to my work.

Mia called me and I put her on speaker.

"Where are you?" She asked.

"Just playing car race." I muttered lowly.

"What are you talking about? Can you pick me up from school?"

"How did you go to school then?" I asked surprised, Mia have her own car and she seemed to like driving too, so I don't know why she didn't use her car.

"Took public transit today." She said casually.

I looked at the mirror outside and saw the car was left somewhere and I sighed, "in fifteen." I tell her.

"See you." And the call ended. I was pretty surprised at how fast I lost them and I was thinking maybe I have learnt crazy skills in driving and I was getting so proud of myself that I lost them, but it was too soon to celebrate because I see not one, but two cars behind me and I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to keep Mia waiting for long because I know she will complained, I tried to lose them again, but at the end give up as I pulled towards the school. Mia was in the parking lot as my car pulled over and so did two other cars. Both were black, one was a Range Rover and the other one was a Porsche. As expected, Oliver stepped out from the Porsche and came to my window. Mia was not really happy seeing Oliver and scowled at him.

"Hey." Oliver greeted her and she just looked away, she is behaving way nicer than I expected. At least she didn't flip her finger to him, yet.

I rolled down my window as he bent down. He was wearing a light blue button up shirt, his sleeve rolled up and he smelled amazing, him and mint and I felt nostalgic. I missed him.

"Can you not do that?" I tell him. He smiled at me. His eyes twinkling as his face was closed to me.

"It depend on you, you are so different now." He said to me. "A little wild too."

Mia flipped him this time and said, "Go back to your girlfriend and stop bothering my sister."

Oliver's smile turned into a grin, "What if I said that I want us to start all over again?"

"How can we when you do these crazy things?" I said to him and pointing behind me.

"Mia, you know how to drive." He said to her. "Drive yourself home, I am stealing your sister." He said opening my side of the door.

"No!" Both Mia and I said at the same time, but Oliver pulled me out of the car. His hand on my waist and I smacked his hand away.

"I think it should be fun." He said to me.

"It's girls night in." Mia said frowning. "Not today! Stacy will come and hunt you down." She warned Oliver.

"I will deal with her, let's go Liana." He said and I shake my head, No.

"You can make this easy or difficult. I don't mind as long as you are with me." He said.

"I choose the difficult."

He smiled and the next thing I know is that I can see Oliver's a**