29

Xavier POV

"We have tracked the location of John Travis and according to the investigation indeed he has a baby of six months with him. He has kept her in the basement of his warehouse and unfortunately, she is not kept in proper care. She has severe pneumonia and her lungs are weak. We have sent some officers there to rescue her and arrest John Travis." The officer in chief said.

"That old leech will die with my bare hands." I gritted my teeth while clenching my hands. I was beyond furious with every revelation I got. First, my daughter was alive, second her bad health and improper care. What more should I here? But what more can I expect from a man like John Travis? 

"We will inform you the updates as soon as possible" The officer said.

Just then the nurse came out running from the ICU. "Excuse Me, the patient has gained her consciousness and asking for Mr.Xavier." She announced.

"Bela opened her eyes?" I asked in amusement. I was trying to cope up with the emotions that were arising.

"Yes, you can meet her but please don't stress her out much and maintain the silence." I nodded continuously and ran towards her room.

"Xavier...." Bela uttered.

"Bela" I engulfed her into my arms and started shedding my tears. I believed I was a strong man but seeing Bela wrapped in her own blood made me realize I was merely a human being. 

Many times I was on the verge of losing her but God has returned her to me plenty of times. I must be grateful to him sincerely. From now onwards I will be the one protecting Bela and my daughter, not the other way round. They have suffered enough because of me, now it's my turn to look after my family.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" She asked observing me from top to bottom.

"Bela, How can I get hurt when you are my knight in the shining armor."  She chuckled.

"What happened to John Travis?" She asked.

"Police has found his location, he will be arrested in no time." I assured but I was in biggest doubt, mainly I feared about my daughter.

"That's good. Where are others?" She asked again.

"Mum and dad are outside, I just rushed inside as I heard about you waking up." I caressed her cheek.

"And Alexia?" What do I reply to her?

"She... uh.... let's not think much about others, you need to rest more." I tugged her blanket making her warm.

"How can I not? She was looking pale and dull when she found me and moreover what have you done to yourself? You are still on your suit from the party night. You are stinking my god." She blocked her nose with her hands.

"My love was lying in the operation theatre and taking bath and changing clothes were the least I could think of." I argued making her laugh.

"Aww, should I feel proud about it?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Of course." I chuckled. "I nearly thought I lost you this time Bela when you were not getting up after so long. I was scared to hell then dad consoled me as much as he could." I said.

"I'm glad Papa Renold was there with you." She caressed my hand with her thumb.

"I apologized with my mum too. I was so wrong about her." I confessed.

"How did you realize that?"  She asked in amusement.

"Well, she gave blood to you when there was not any blood available in the blood bank and she was all tears trying to ease my pain. I realized how wrong and foolish I was." I sighed.

"Well, at least something good happened out of my incident." She chuckled.

"How can you be so optimistic about everything Bela?" I asked her.

"Well, for instance, I grew up with the hope of having better tomorrow or I hoped you would be mine one day." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm always yours, Bela, now and forever." I promised her.