Chapter Three

{Camp Delta}

Jungkook was quick to find himself in the lab explaining his phenomenon to the camps lead scientists. At first everyone was sceptical, but after quick testing, the scientists knew that the wound was in fact healing, no traces of the virus were found in Jungkook's blood. 

The scientists were stunned... Jungkook was the key to the cure all along. Now all that was left was to create an affective vaccine to prevent the virus from spreading. 

"Follow me." A female scientist spoke calmly, leading Jungkook through the narrow hallways of the science lab. The white walls were beginning to peel from lack of maintenance causing Jungkook to cringe at how unsterilised this place seemingly was. The only sounds that echoed off the walls were the clacking of the woman's heels, and Jungkook couldn't help but wonder where he was being taken. 

They never gave him any clear explanation as to how they were going to find an antidote, a few rounds of testing maybe? Jungkook wasn't a very brainy person so he wasn't too sure. 

As the woman came to an abrupt stop, he found himself almost crashing into her back, "I'm so sorry about this Jungkook." The women sighed, turning around to face Jungkook. 

Her face was serious, almost too serious. Jungkook swore he could feel swirls of negative energy coming from her seemingly dark aura. Cold people and logic bring cruel choices. And in that very moment. 

Jungkook knew he made a terrible decision. 

He felt the knife before he saw it. The cool metal plunging painfully into the side of his torso, the burning sensation and excruciating pain of betrayal causing him to stumble into the wall beside him. Jungkook felt his vision begin to waver as the knife was removed almost as fast as it penetrated his side, "w-what... what are you-"

Jungkook let out a yelp as he was grabbed harshly by the wrist, dragged forcefully down the rest of the corridors and into a white room. 

Jungkook didn't have to be smart to know that this was an operating room. The doctor walked in with a face like a brick. His movements were all sharp and with purpose, he analysed a chart for a few seconds and looked up with a perfunctory smile flashed out for just a moment. 

"Jeon Jungkook, as of this moment, you are declared 'dead.'" The doctor spoke, putting on his green surgical scrubs, "Your new purpose is to serve for the greater good in this lab." 

Jungkook swallowed hard. Dread crept down his spine like a careful spider leaving a trail of silk. As soon as he heard the loud 'Thud' of the heavy metal doors closing behind him he knew that his chances of ever seeing daylight again were slim. He was no longer squadron leader of camp Delta, no- he was an experimental subject. 

"No- Please! Let me go!" Jungkook panicked, heart beginning to race out of his chest as he struggled weakly against the strong hold the male had on him. Jungkook soon found himself clenching his teeth as he pressed his free hand against the stab wound to try and stem the bleeding. His off white shirt was slowly turning red as his blood began to flourish again the cotton, "I thought I could trust you!" Jungkook chocked out, looking up at his superiors. 

The male only smirked, "It's all for a good cause." And in one swift motion, the male swung Jungkook off his feet and onto the rusted operating table. 

The doctor was quick to examine Jungkook's body, his arms, lower back, neck, and lastly the healed bite. When he pressed his fingers down on that spot Jungkook swore he felt pain explode from his arms to his spine. 

Jungkook watched on anxiously as the doctor laid an extra long needle beside him on the table. Jungkook looked away at the wall, trying not to centre his attention. He was too weak to move, the stab wound had drained his energy.