Chapter 7

*SuLay POV*
~at the elevator~

"Hi Yixing, you can be comfortable around me" Suho said with a welcoming smile
"Yeah sure, what do you want me to call you?"
"Junmyeon or Suho will do"

While the two were unpacking, Lay was thinking of ways to get closer to the older.

"Hey Suho, tell me about yourself."
"Hmm, My whole life is pretty boring though you sure you wanna know?" Suho was very insecure despite being respected by many.
Lay was not expecting the response from the latter at all, as he was the smartest and most responsible out of all six kings.
"I'm pretty sure I still want to know. So that we can be closer" Lay was set on getting the smaller to talk.

"Before I met with the other guys, my life was all grey and darkness. My mom was very kind, but my dad was the complete opposite. When I was a child, I had a villager friend. He was more than a friend for me, he always took care of me whenever I sneak out of the palace with bruises and cuts from my father's beating. Our kingdom was very peaceful, because my mom did all of the work. My dad made it look like he was very caring infront of the citizens, but he would abuse my mom when she makes mistakes even if it was a tiny one. My friend then confessed he liked me, and I liked the guy too. And so I decided to tell it to my mom, of course she was not against it because after all, we were only kids. But somehow my dad found out and killed him, saying that no son of his will ever be gay." There was a quiet pause from the older, tears brimming into his eyes.
"I'm sorry suho, I shouldn't have forced you to talk about yourself" Lay was beyond guilty, seeing the olders tears.
Lay sat beside Suho and wiped the olders tears.

"No, it's okay I am willing to finally talk about it to somebody"
Lay was shocked, hearing that he was the first one to know about the latter's dark side of life.
"Are you sure you want to continue?" Lay said at the most caring tone he had
"Yeah. When I found out he was dead, I wanted to kill myself too. My mom talked to me about it saying that my mate might still be alive, and that if I kill my self my mate would be hurt. Of course I didn't want an innocent soul to hurt because of my selfishness, and I managed to survive. My parents died cause of age, they had me too late and I was made to be a king too early. So in those times, all I did was go to school, eat, shower, paperworks, and then sleep. That depressing cycle only stopped when I was on high school, I met the other guys, turns out they were expecting me. Like me, they were the ones managing their own kingdoms too. They formed a group since they were elementary, knowing there were six kingdoms they always waited and expected me. When they sensed that I was a king myself, they made me their leader saying that I was the most responsible out of them all. From then on, the depressing cycle of my life wasn't so depressing anymore. All I need is my mate and My life would be perfect." Suho ended his story while looking lovingly at Lay.
"Lay, will you go to the party on Wednesday?" Suho was looking at the said male with hope(j-hoooooope😂) in his eyes.

"Of course I'll be going, me and my friends always go. And we're still unmated" Lay said with a chuckle
"I'm pretty sure you'll meet him or her soon"
Suho said knowingly.
"Him or Her?" Lay asked while blushing
"Oh sorry, I don't like assuming genders you see. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable by saying him, you're probably straight." Suho said with a sad chuckle, now only realizing that there is a possibility that he can be rejected and his mate howling sadly at the thought.
"W-what? No that's not what I meant, I-i'm actually gay. And I'm not very fond of that fact. I always got bullied for it, I tried dating girls but none of them made my heart flutter. Not even a bit." Lay was now officially as red as a tomato.
"You were bullied?" Suho was FURIOUS, the thought of his precious baby being bullied boiled his blood.
"Y-yeah"
"Why didn't you fight back?" Suho was very cautious on asking the question, because it might be a sensitive topic for the younger.
"I-i'm an omega suho, I can't do anything about it. I'll just end up more hurt." Lay was now hanging his head low, even though he knows that suho is a very kind person he still cant help but think that the latter will hurt him.

Lay flinched when suho raised his hand up, only to calm down because the older was patting his head comfortingly.
"I promise that no one will hurt you from now on, you're one of my friends now and nobody hurts my friends" Lay was very assured knowing that the older was the one that makes sure that he Fullfuill what he says.

"Suho, can you please wake me up when you wake up tomorrow? I'm not used to waking myself up" Lay said embarrassed by the true fact that he was a very heavy sleeper.
"Sure sure, I'll be glad to. Goodnight Lay."
"Goodnight to you too suho hyung"
Suho was happy hearing the younger call him hyung for the first time.