Ark 1 - Dad is bewiched

Shu Ning arrived home just shortly after midnight after meeting Wang Bao. He did try hurrying home in the fastest speed possible, so by the time he opened the door to his room, he was already heavily panting.

Shu Ning: "I'm so exhausted. Finally I can go to sleep."

But before he was even able to close his eyes, the door was roughly pushed open.

"Coming home so late? What's wrong with you. Did you think I would just let your disobedience pass?"

Shu Ning rolled his eyes in his heart. Sheng Xi seemed to be back home to terrorize Shu Ning again.

"I... I'm sorry for coming home late, ma'am"

Shu Ning did his best looking guilty but he was feeling too tired to play with the woman. The boy just stood up to slam the door in the face of the wretch when his phone started ringing.

The noise brought Shu Ning back to his role as Meng Yi.

Shu Ning: 'That was really close. Almost broke my character.'

Sheng Xi looked at the phone displeased but still left in the end after telling the boy to just wait for it.

Shu Ning looked at the name displayed on the phone screen and couldn't help his lips from curling upwards.  

"Daddy."

"Little Yi. Do you miss me?"

"Yes. Daddy, when will you be back?"

The boys voice was slightly trembling while talking and when ever he called out Daddy he chocked on his emotions.

"Little Yi. Don't cry. I'll be back before you know it. But son. I heard that you got injured. Will you tell dad about it? I won't let anyone get away with hurting my little baby."

Shu Ning whimpered quietly at that question. His tears already stained his clothes and sheets while his trembling hands almost couldn't hold on to the phone anymore.

"Daddy... I-It's nothing. I... There isn't anything going on."

"You don't need to worry. Dad will hurry up and come home as soon as possible. If anything happens then don't hesitate to tell me. I'm always there for you."

"Daddy! I... I..."

Shu Ning sniffed a couple more times before wiping away his tears and humming in response. 

Sheng Rui continued talking about his work a bit longer before finally hanging up the phone. The boy put down the phone and sight.

Shu Ning: "Alpha. Watch my dad for a while."

System: "No problem, but what about the female lead?"

Shu Ning: "It's alright for now. I will take care of her after I'm done with that wretch."

The boy crawled back into bed again and covered his head with the blanket. But no matter how much he tried to get comfortable, he continued waking up through the whole rest of the night. By the time the sun shone through the window onto his face, his eyes had dark circles underneath and his rosy complexion turned slightly paler. 

Because there was no use staying in bed any longer, Shu Ning stood up and dressed before leaving the room. In the living room Sheng Xi was already sitting crossed legged at the breakfast table. With a stern expression she watched Shu Ning walk up to the table in slow steps and bowed head. Like that she couldn't make out the youths expression. 

"So you finally woke up? Be glad that there is still breakfast left for you. Hurry up and get done. We still have some business after all."

The table was filled with lots of egg based food like omelette, scrambled egg and so on. There was also some fried rice and salad.