21. Love Actually is All Around

ALASKA'S POV:

I flop down on the bed next to Caleb and let out a sigh of content. I stare up at him in utter awe. I didn't think it was possible for our bond to grow any stronger, but if I've learnt anything in the past few weeks, it is that this man sitting beside me will always continue to surprise me.

He is currently chucking bags of snacks onto the bed whilst setting up the projector for what he says will be my favourite movie.

The projector beeps and the screen slowly comes to life, revealing the title of the movie.  Love Actually.

Little does he know that I've watched this movie more times than I can count and I love it a little more each time I watch it. But I decide to keep that 'tiny, insignificant detail' to myself and let him believe that he introduced my favourite movie to me.

He plops back on the bed next to me, shoving the snacks to the side and he throws an arm around my shoulders, pulling me close.

"You ready? You're gonna love this!" He grins at me and I tilt my head back to place a light kiss on his prickly chin and give him a small nod.

The movie quickly begins and I recite Hugh Grants introduction speech in my head. I snuggle further into his side and rest my head upon his well-built chest. We both burst into fits of laughter countless times throughout the film and it makes me so happy that we can do these simple little things together that don't require much effort, and still have a good time.

The movie sadly comes to an end and I look up at Caleb to see that he's already staring back at me. As I stare into his bright golden orbs, I feel myself looking towards the future. These are the eyes I want to wake up to every morning. These are the eyes I want to look into as I recite my vows. These are the eyes I want our children to have. These are the eyes I want to stare into as I take my last breath.

"I love you" I whisper as I lean up to kiss his perfect lips.

"I love you too" he whispers back just as we pull apart.

"God she's beautiful" his voice travels through my head and I can't help the smile that forms on my lips.

"What are you smiling for?" He chuckles and places a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"I heard that" I blush

"Heard what?" He asks whilst his eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"It's the mark. I can hear what you're thinking" I smile "you think I'm beautiful?" I ask curiously, refusing to believe what I've heard. Beautiful is not the word I'd use to describe myself. Now I'm not the type to think I'm ugly. I have more confidence in myself than that. But   Beautiful? I've just never though of myself that way.

"Babe, you're so beautiful, the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. You're gorgeous, exquisite, stunning, heavenly. I could go on forever. Why do you think I get so protective around others? It's because I know that they can also see just how perfect you are. Anyone would be lucky to call you theirs, and I am so, so grateful that I have that privilege. You are so beautiful, my love, and I hope you know that. I will remind you everyday if I have to." He says with to much emotion while his golden orbs bore into my watery ones. "I don't know how to say this without sounding like an insensitive ass.hole," he continues with a chuckle, " but, I'm glad that you're pack was attacked by rouges, okay well not glad but you know what i mean. If they hadn't attacked, you never would have ran away and onto my territory and I wouldn't have found you that day. Who knows if we would even be together right now if it hadn't of happened. So I'm so sorry that members of your pack were injured and that little boy was killed, but I'm not sorry that it happened." He laughed again. "See, insensitive ass.hole"

I laughed along with him and held onto him tighter. "I know what you mean. You hate that people were hurt but you're glad that it led me to you. I feel the same way. But there is something that I just know and that is that even if the attack didn't happen, we would still be together right now. The moon goddess planed for us to come together that night and if it wasn't because of the rogues, it would have been for another reason. I'm just glad that we are together now" I said with certainty and gave him another soft kiss.

For the next few minutes we cuddle up together in silence and simply enjoy each other's company. Caleb plays with my fingers, pressing kisses to each of my fingertips and making me giggle.

"Have you heard from your brother?" He asks, his lips brushing against my forehead as he speaks.

"Yeah. He said that he's planning to propose to Hannah next week Saturday so we should probably head down there on Friday. I can't believe my big brother is going to be getting married!" I squeal in excitement and he hums in response.

"I can't wait to be able to call you my wife" is the next thought of his that echoes in my head and freeze, not knowing whether to address it or not. I decide that it is a conversation that needs to take place in the far future rather than now.

I yawn quietly but he seems to notice and slides off of the bed and slips my shoes off for me. He grabs a big blanket and lays it across the mattress and over me. He then slides back into bed, my back pressed against his chest, and nuzzles his face into my neck, prepping a kiss to my mark as his arms slither around my stomach, pulling me closer.

"I love you so much baby" he whispers, kissing my mark once again

"I love you more" I whisper back and lace my fingers with his

"Goodnight my love"

"Goodnight"

.........................................

Enjoy💖