Chapter 17

"I'm not disappointed," Evan said as the credits rolled on the movie they had just finished.

They were both sitting on the couch side by side. Evan rested his arm on the back of the couch halfway through the movie, but I didn't notice since I was to involved in what was happening in front of me.

"There's a post credit thing but Netflix doesn't show it," I say as I take a piece of popcorn out of the bowl Evan had resting on his lap. "It had Kyle in it."

"Kyle?" Evan asked in confusion as he held his head in his free hand. "The foster sister from the second movie?"

"That's the one," I told him with a nod.

"Huh." Evan ran his hand through his hair, messing it up slightly. "I'm just still trying to wrap my head around on there being more then one Chucky."

"Yeah, the first time I watched it I was so confused. I was beginning to think it was all in her head," I told him as I straightened up and stretched. The sound of joints cracking filled the room, causing me to let out a moan of satisfaction. Evan looked at me with a big smile plastered on his face. I look at him in confusion as I lowered my arms. "What?"

"Nothing," he chuckled as he shook his head. "So, what now?"

I shrugged. "No clue. I don't have much here except for a couple of board games, but I don't think you would want to be demolished in Scrabble."

"But I like Scrabble. And who's to say that I won't wipe the floor with you," Evan said confidently as he sat forward.

"Is that a challenge?" I asked as I raise an eyebrow.

"I think it is," he said as he glanced at the grandfather clock that was against the wall. "But I think that might have to wait until tomorrow."

I look up to see that it was a little after four. "Crap."

"Well if you want to play I can stay," Evan said quickly.

"No no," I say as I put my hands up and laughed. "I have to have dinner at the Kings tonight."

"Jasper's family?" Evan asked as he looked at me in disbelief. "Why?"

I shrug. "Family friends. Plus they're good people. Not Jasper though. I don't know what happened there."

"Yeah that is a mystery," he said, bitting his lip. "Want me to go with you?"

I look up at him and smile at his sweetness. "No, it's okay. Besides, I don't want to be there any longer than I have to."

"Well, if you you change your mind," Evan said as he pointed to himself. "I'll come running."

"Don't be a show off," I say as I glanced down at my leg that I had propped up on the table.

"Fine, I guess I just have to carry you then," Evan said with a little smirk.

"Yeah, like I'd let that happen," I say as I hit the back button on the remote so it goes back to the description of Cult of Chucky.

"Is that a challenge?" Evan asked as a mischievous smirk started to form on his lips.

I look at him and frown as he uses the same words against me. "Looks like I'm rubbing off on you."

Evan shrugs as he leans back. "I suppose. What are you going to do about it?"

"Um...," I hesitate as I look up at him. "No clue. Maybe transfer your soul into a Good Guy doll."

"Yes, do it," Evan said quickly with a smile on his face. "There's so much that I want to do."

I look at him with a confused look on my face. "You want to murder people?"