You're Uncomfortable

This takes place November 6, 2018 for those of you who want to keep up with the pregnancy.

34 weeks, 6 days

It had been a little over a week since Tom quit the movie to be there for you more during your last month or so of pregnancy. Tom had been really attuned to your every need since he was home during the day. He even started inviting the boys over to the apartment instead of going out in case you needed him so he could be there.

You were grateful that he had come to the last two birthing classes with you, but you had been getting more and more irritable the past couple days. Every time Tom touched you, you found yourself more and more uncomfortable. The skin on your stomach was so stretched that you didn't think it could stretch anymore and every time Charlotte moved inside you, you wriggled uncomfortably on the couch and groaned.

"You alright, darlin'?" you heard Tom ask from the kitchen as you laid back on the dark gray cushions.

"Its really hot in here. Can you turn on the air?" you asked, ignoring Tom's question as you stretched out the t-shirt that was clinging to your middle a little too tightly.

"Babe, its 10 degrees out," Tom said, raising his eyebrows at you, even though you couldn't see it.

You groaned loudly and your frustration did not go unnoticed so Tom did as he was told. He put on 2 sweatshirts before turning the air conditioning on full blast, much to your satisfaction.

"Thank you so much, baby," you say as Tom walks up to the couch with his cup of tea. Tom smiles and goes to sit down, but you stop him. "Can you sit over there? I'm just really...uncomfortable right now."

"Uncomfortable?" Tom seemed confused as he took a seat on the other end of the couch.

"Yeah, just hot and my stomach itches so much. I just want her out," you whine the last part and itch at your stomach absentmindedly.

The TV played in the background as you continued to pull at your clothes and ultimately, you just gave up and laid flat on the couch, leaning your head against the arm rest.

"When are you going to come out?" you sighed, poking at your bulging stomach. Its not like your little girl could answer you, but you really wished she'd make her grand appearance so you could have your body back. You heard Tom chuckle from the other end of the couch before standing up and walking towards the bedroom, but you barely paid him any mind as you continued coaching Charlotte out of your tummy.

About thirty minutes had passed since Tom went into the bedroom so you finally decided to go see if he was alright. You used the back of the couch to steady yourself as you stood, you back and knees popping simultaneously.

You waddled down the hall and entered your bedroom. The sun had gone down already so the only light in the room was coming from the bathroom. The orange light shined against the bed and you couldn't see Tom there so you walked across the room and pushed the door open to your en-suite.

Tom was bent over the bathtub, lighting a few remaining candles that sat on the ledge opposite the tub.

"Babe, what are you doing?" you ask, confused. Tom jumped a bit at your voice and turned swiftly.

"Oh, hey. I wanted to surprise you. I ran you a bath thinking it might help with your irritated skin," Tom smiled, running his hands through his dark curls that were hanging over his eyes.

A smile pulled at your lips as you took in the room. There were candles lining the entire room, apple scented, your favorite. The lights were dimmed just right and your gaze landed on the tub that was filled to the top with bubbles. You looked back at Tom who was still standing in the middle of the room, waiting for your reaction.

You didn't say anything, you just walked up to Tom and wrapped your arms around his neck and connected your lips for the first time in a couple days. Tom sighed and smiled into your mouth as he kissed you back, the satisfaction that he did good filling him.

When you pulled away, your gaze fell on Tom's brown eyes. He was smiling and you relished in the feelings of love that filled you as you looked at him without irritation for the first time in what seemed like a while.

"Want me to help you in, darlin'?" Tom rasped before placing another kiss on your forehead. You nodded softly as Tom's hands reached down to the hem of your tight t-shirt, pulling it up and over your head. He looked down at your bump and smiled, running his hands back down it to reach your shorts. He pushed the material down your legs, helping you step out of them and your panties.

Tom reached out for your hand to help you step into the tub and sit down. You grasped his hands and slid yourself down into the water slowly. Tom made sure to help you as much as he could and he'd have to help you out later as well, but he didn't mind.

You sighed contently as the warm water encased your whole body, besides your head and the very top of your pregnant belly.

"How's it feel, baby?" Tom asked while he set a towel on the counter for you.

"Amazing, Tom. Thank you."

Tom grinned before bending and placing another kiss on your head.

"Love you, darlin'."