Chapter 2

A wolf was walking below the bridge. The sun was just rising, which was an odd time for the wolf to be walking about. But he still did, feeling like he needed to get some exercise in the early morning.

As he was walking, he spotted a figure laying on the ground, unconscious. Concerned, he approached it to get a clear look. It was a fox. A half-naked orange fox, to be more precise. The fox looked no more than a teenager. There seemed to be no one around here, which is expected considering they were a bit outside the city.

It wouldn't be good for the fox to lay out in the sun for so long, especially since it is summer time. He picked up the fox, and noticed something... familiar. It was like he knew the fox for most of his life, but he was sure that this was the first time meeting him. Perplexed by this, he decided to take him to his house.

And so he did.

-

Light slowly entered my vision, breaking through the darkness.

I look around and saw that I was in a room, on a bed. There was something underneath my eyes, which blocked some of my vision. It didn't seem to go away for some reason. Then, suddenly, I heard something.

"Good, you're awake." 

I turned towards the direction of the sound and saw a white wolf, standing on two legs. What?! How can he stand on two legs?! And was he the one who just talked to me?!

"Who are you?! Where am I? What are you!?" I asked, now panicking.

"Calm down. My name is Ian. I found you lying unconscious near a bridge. You were only wearing a T-shirt, so I thought you might catch a cold, so I brought you here. This is my house. And you should know what I am silly. I am just like you. I am a fur!" He answered.

"Wha?" I asked, now confused. What the hell is a fur? And why did he say that he is just like me? I look at my hands, or what were supposed to be my hands. Instead, there were paws.

"What? What happened to my hands?!" I shouted. I also saw that there was fur all over my body. And the thing obstructing my vision, was a muzzle. "What happened to my body?!"

"Woah calm down. Why are you asking all of these silly questions? Shouldn't you know that you're a fox?" Ian asked me.

"What?! I'm a fox?!" I exclaimed. I looked at the mirror which happened to be in the room and instead of a normal, depressed, 17 year old human boy, an orange fox stared back at me.

"What the hell happened?" I whispered to my self.

"Why are you asking all of these questions? Did something happen to your memory?" Ian asked me.

"I-I don't know..." I said.

"What were you doing there, lying unconscious near the bridge?" 

"I don't really know..." I replied, awkwardly rubbing my arm, feeling the distinct fur on it. I relayed the bits and pieces of stuff that I remember. Mostly what all happened that lead to me becoming a orphan. And to my surprise, I even told him about... the jump...

"Woah..." He said, no knowing what else to say.

"You should have just left me to die... I might bring bad luck to you too..." I said, looking down at my feet, or should I say, my paws.

"And why the would I do that? You are from a different world and even tried to attempt suicide. If anything, you deserve comfort and happiness!" Ian exclaimed.

"Bu-but I don't! All I ever did was hurt people just by being with them, and- and" I started tearing up. I looked down, tears rolling down my face. Suddenly, I felt two white, furry hands pulling me into a warm furry white wall. Ian was hugging me... It felt nice and warm.

"Let it all out." Ian told me in a comforting way. And the dams broke. Big sobs started to come out of my mouth uncontrollably, as tears started to flow down my cheeks.

"Don't say that you deserve to be dead. None of that was your fault. I promise to take care of you. I will never leave you alone." He said, now hugging me even harder. I didn't protest. I just hugged him back. It felt nice hugging someone again. And in addition to that, he was warm and fluffy, which made me even more comfortable.

Something told me to never leave him, and that I could always trust him. It told me that he would be the one, whatever it meant. But, all I know is, that I might have found someone I could trust again.